•  
Duchess
Or Perth at Easter
Apr 2016
1:33pm, 5 Apr 2016
7,863 posts
  •  
Maz Heeps
3.5 laps? Do you just get left on the other side after the half? do yo have to sweem back??
Apr 2016
1:54pm, 5 Apr 2016
9,642 posts
  •  
Star
Gawd - Strathclyde Loch is boring enough running one lap
Apr 2016
1:58pm, 5 Apr 2016
11,604 posts
  •  
Dvorak
There will be a special post, Maz. For the turning around at. I think I could manage two laps. Not seven.

(Well, I couldn't manage seven cos that's a marathon, but, in principal.)
Apr 2016
7:45pm, 5 Apr 2016
2,915 posts
  •  
57.5 Degrees of Pain
My last marathon was 18+ laps so 7 sounds like an easy option. Though I'm not sure I'm a 'seasonal runner' ;-).
Apr 2016
12:10pm, 7 Apr 2016
177 posts
  •  
Ulric
Anyone going to the Tom Scott 10M on Sunday by train... you can't. Replacement buses may be available.

scotrail.co.uk
May 2016
4:33pm, 1 May 2016
11,699 posts
  •  
Dvorak
Drumchapel parkrun - anyone know anything more about it? nodrog75 posted on the "Inaugural parkruns" thread that Glasgow Life had put live a call for event volunteers, starting May. However, there does not seem to be any FB or official page yet (although I presume core team must be in place and venue and course decided). volunteer.glasgowlife.org.uk

Where would it be? Drumchapel Park looks much to small (I measured a squiggly lap at 800m) but there is a patch of open land with some paths to the north. Which again, seems not quite big enough.

I'm not at all familiar with Drumchapel but from maps/streetview the outer reaches seem to have a bit of the ghost town about them.
May 2016
5:02pm, 1 May 2016
25,599 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
My prejudiced view of Drumchapel might be that it's a good course for a PB if it's running *from* Drumchapel? ;-) Don't know which park it might be though, sorry. Good luck to them getting it up and running tho. :-) G
May 2016
7:37pm, 1 May 2016
2,961 posts
  •  
57.5 Degrees of Pain
You might say the same about Tollcross and Springburn! But they both have a bigger classic Victorian park, I'd agree they have a challenge setting a course in 'the Drum'.
May 2016
9:01pm, 1 May 2016
11,700 posts
  •  
Dvorak
Tsk, you Edinburgher bourgeoisie. People (including, to be fair, many Weegies) ... oh, Mr Pain has said that already ;-). I actually knew about Tollcross and the park before it started (in actuality rather than just reputation), but Springburn I'll admit was a bit of a surprise as I only knew the main road side and not the park, nor the fine large Victorian/Edwardian houses along one side of it.

Both parkruns have developed enthusiastic (if admittedly, still small) local communities and I think the low numbers they generally still get are probably down to the courses. Which are both nice runs but pretty challenging, resulting in people going to Victoria or Strathclyde for a time, of Pollok because its the mothership and the only one on the Soo'side.

About This Thread

Maintained by K5 Gus
Somewhere to blether about all things to do with Scottish running and races.

There are 26 regular parkruns in Scotland which are held every Saturday at 9:30am.

Current locations are Aberdeen, Ayr, Camperdown, Drumchapel, Dunfermline, Edinburgh, Eglinton, Elgin, Ellon, Falkirk, Ganavan Sands, Greenock, Hazelhead, Inverness, Kirkcaldy, Linwood, Livingston, Perth, Pollock, Portobello, Springburn, St Andrews, Stonehaven, Strathclyde, Tollcross and Victoria.

parkrun.org.uk