Rundle

99 watchers
Feb 2022
3:00pm, 14 Feb 2022
3,032 posts
  •  
Oranj
Can you collect more numbers by, say running through them and then cycling through them on the same day?
Feb 2022
3:05pm, 14 Feb 2022
27,200 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
There's nothing in the rules as they stand that says you can't. You can even do multiple runs.
Feb 2022
3:38pm, 14 Feb 2022
2,668 posts
  •  
CumbriAndy
Seems quite hard to get anywhere near a right number without a lot of collaboration.

Agreed - but isn't that the point?

How about being able to have 3 to 5 guesses per day? You'd likely still need to go out on several days and keep an eye on the thread to do it.

As I understand it, you can have as many guesses as you like on any given day until you run out of digits

Also, possibly resetting the number once a week and allowing more than one person to get the right answer (and the badge)?

Don't know about a scheduled reset but it did seem reasonable to me to allow a short (maybe 24 hours) grace period following discovery for a handful of others to guess the answer in preference to the rather brutal 'first to guess gets a badge and tough luck the rest of you' position we have now. Obviously that would rely on anybody getting the right answer being co-operative in not revealing it for that grace period.

All that having been said, we're currently approximately 24 hours into the life of a new game - perhaps we should let it bed in a bit before suggesting too much in the way of 'improvements' ;)
Feb 2022
4:00pm, 14 Feb 2022
16,261 posts
  •  
JK *chameleon*
Collaboration? Hmm.

Two truths and one lie.
1. I only collected 8 digits in today's walk.
2. I met a ferret and saw a cat.
3. My guess of 506918 was too low.
Feb 2022
4:01pm, 14 Feb 2022
3,830 posts
  •  
Groundhog
As I understand it, you can have as many guesses as you like on any given day until you run out of digits

If I wanted to rack up multiple sets of numbers I could, by running a marathon every day in three chunks, or however many times I'm prepared to run or cycle an 8 mile course. I don't think I can do that, but in the spirit of narrowing things down a bit...

The number is above 736,000. :-)
Feb 2022
4:12pm, 14 Feb 2022
3,831 posts
  •  
Groundhog
Another nice thing to have would be the same map toggle buttons as for other games in the Training and Route plotting pages. It would make planning an efficient route easier.
Feb 2022
4:30pm, 14 Feb 2022
27,204 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
I've added grey circles around the markers, so you can see the hit radius.

I see we're narrowing the number down :-)
Feb 2022
4:35pm, 14 Feb 2022
3,832 posts
  •  
Groundhog
Yes we are fetcheveryone :-) The really good thing about this new game is I decided to go out for a lunchtime bike ride, which I thoroughly enjoyed and feel really good for having done. :-)
Feb 2022
4:36pm, 14 Feb 2022
27,205 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
*cackles and holds finger tips together*
Feb 2022
4:39pm, 14 Feb 2022
16,263 posts
  •  
JK *chameleon*
Yes we are fetcheveryone The really good thing about this new game is I decided to go out for a lunchtime bike ride, which I thoroughly enjoyed and feel really good for having done.

And I left my flat for the first time in over a week.

And I plan to do so again tomorrow - if my legs allow me to!

Thanks for starting this up just as I take a fortnight off work :)

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
Sign up, and you'll see your local map, with ten black markers - each one containing a digit. Collect these on your runs, rides, walks (and swims if you're lucky). It's GPS only, sorry. When you have enough digits, try and guess the secret number, which is anywhere between 1 and 1,000,000. If your guess is wrong, Rundle will tell you whether you are too high or too low.

All Fetchies are chasing the same number. You can choose to share your intel from your guesses - or (moral dilemma) you can try to throw everyone else off the scent.

If you're the person who guesses the right number, you get a snazzy new badge. The secret number will then reset, and the game begins again.

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.