EvilPixie
Oh thanks you!
Will look for bugs
26 Jun
7:40am, 26 Jun 2024
63,655 posts
  •  
alpenrose
That pink thing is oxalis. You can never get rid of it. Not sure if a good dose of weedkiller would do it. I used to have a plant in my old garden. You can't dig it up - don't spread the little white bulbils.
26 Jun
7:42am, 26 Jun 2024
63,656 posts
  •  
alpenrose
The curly leaves will be an infestation of possibly black fly.

The beans are probably hungry and need lots of water - probably best in the ground rather than a pot.
3M
26 Jun
8:24am, 26 Jun 2024
24,293 posts
  •  
3M
@Lesley C ,another possibility for the yellowing leaves is an undernourishment thing - missing something in the soil. They do like a nice manured soil to grow in! Could perhaps try feeding them with liquid seaweed fertiliser?
26 Jun
8:58am, 26 Jun 2024
3,903 posts
  •  
Lesley C
It could be that, nothing was grown there (other than weeds) for a couple of years. There's manure on the bed but our courgettes and some other plants did the same but are all fine (tasty courgettes too). Thanks 3M.
26 Jun
5:01pm, 26 Jun 2024
3,904 posts
  •  
Lesley C
The bean plants are actually looking pretty good. Maybe the manure is actually done them some good.

We went up to the allotment today for a look. We dug up some new potatoes, some plants looked quite bad - we had a few that have been eaten by wire worms (I think that's what they are called), so hopefully it's just those plants. The potatoes we had last week were fine and tasty 😋.

Another thing we have noticed is our broccoli plants have looked pretty bad, some are showing their roots and seem to have club root. So all those plants are coming out. Anyone seen this before? I can get photos next time I'm up.

Not sure where the issue has come from, as the last person who had the allotment only grew fruits on it.
26 Jun
5:04pm, 26 Jun 2024
55,467 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
We have courgettes and beans in pots due to space

Brand new compost
3M
27 Jun
8:03am, 27 Jun 2024
24,305 posts
  •  
3M
Still with checking and possibly feeding. My tomatoes potted in "normal" compost are noticeably lighter green than the ones in vegetable specific growing bags!
27 Jun
5:49pm, 27 Jun 2024
3,906 posts
  •  
Lesley C
Our tomatoes were all in tomato compost. The wee man got a little bucket of seeds and they are more yellow than the rest - we potted them on more than once. The plants are big and have actually produced tomatoes but they are tiny and not sweet.

This is our tomato jungle in our conservatory.

27 Jun
5:50pm, 27 Jun 2024
55,506 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
That’s a nice looking jungle

We only used normal compost maybe we should look for veg compost

About This Thread

Maintained by GregP
A wire about gardening.