Miaow, Purr, Yawn!

1 lurker | 67 watchers
Sep 2017
6:36pm, 23 Sep 2017
2,280 posts
  •  
Fragile Do Not Bend
Oreo made the most awful fuss when he got stuck up a tree. Not much we could do as he was out of reach of our ladder. Eventually he plucked up the courage to shimmy back down the trunk. He hasn't done it again, that we've seen anyway.
Sep 2017
7:24pm, 23 Sep 2017
1,895 posts
  •  
g1ngerrevolution
I went up a ladder to collect them after they'd been up the 15 minutes. I'm sure they would have made it down, eventually.

We've only just started letting them out (under instruction from Woking Cat Protection people) so it was all a bit fraught.
Sep 2017
9:04pm, 23 Sep 2017
17,226 posts
  •  
Steady Edina
Letting your babies out for the first time is very stressful
Sep 2017
9:57am, 24 Sep 2017
979 posts
  •  
idle_wilder
The first time Henky went up on our garage roof, he got stuck. We tried to hose him down, as no ladders we had would reach him, even borrowing a big ladder the neighbour had. I was working as an animal rescue officer at the time, and was adamant I wasn't phoning the fire brigade for him! He was eventually enticed to jump down for some warm tuna we left on top of the bin!
Sep 2017
9:07am, 26 Sep 2017
1,262 posts
  •  
Lesley C
I was wondering if any of you had any advice on cats living with heart failure? We think our cat has it, he is only 9. He has been on diuretics since June as he had some breathing issues. X-ray showed an enlarged heart and fluid in the lungs. The tablets have helped but over the last week he has been eating very little (drinking lots due to the tablets) and is not quite himself. He's not so cuddly or playful and sleeps in funny places. We are hoping this is not him telling us he is dying. :-(
Sep 2017
9:12am, 26 Sep 2017
1,908 posts
  •  
g1ngerrevolution
On a related note, who has their cats insured and with who?

Our 1 month free pet plan insurance has expired and I was going to renew with them but then went and did some research on-line - it sounds ike they've gone downhill.

Heard good things about Tesco.

Lifetime cover apparently is A Good Thing.
MH
Sep 2017
9:31am, 26 Sep 2017
511 posts
  •  
MH
Lifetime cover definitely a good thing. We didn't have it with our last cat (but didn't know so thought we were insured), he was diagnosed with diabetes and then unexpectedly went into ketoacidosis extremely quickly - he did survive although we did think at the time 'phew, we're insured' - but we weren't as he was 11 at the time and the fine print stated 10 years old. We would have paid the money anyway (around £2700 all in), but we were hoping to get it back... (he went on to live a further 5 good years with twice a day insulin injections)
With our current two, we have petplan and we've had to claim twice with one of our four year old cats - and we've had no problems at all, and it covers dental issues.
Sorry Lesley - can't offer advice there other than to see what your vet thinks.
Sep 2017
9:52pm, 26 Sep 2017
3,135 posts
  •  
Cyclops
I stopped insuring my cats after the dog died. Looking back on it, when the dog needed expensive monthly drugs Petplan put up the premiums and the excess so that I paid more than the cost per month in the end. I put a small amount in a separate savings account every month (less than the insurance for one cat) which is accumulating nicely and which I will still have at the end if nothing expensive happens to them.
Sep 2017
10:19am, 27 Sep 2017
1,917 posts
  •  
g1ngerrevolution
Last night's adventure in lost cats involved Minnie being stuck on the man cave roof for 3 hours.

I come home (in the dark) and was informed of this, go up on a ladder, no Minnie.

Much wailing & gnashing of teeth ensued with the 11 year old having a total emotional breakdown that she was gone forever. ("She'll turn up when she's hungry enough" wasn't enough, apparently).

Walk to the road to have a look under the cars, and there's a distressed mewing from the dense hedge. Retreived. She was at least a bit more tentative this morning...
AJH
Sep 2017
11:09am, 27 Sep 2017
116 posts
  •  
AJH
Hope things improve Lesley C.

Havent been here for a while not since Mr Fluffy died I dont think. Anyway about 5 weeks ago we adopted another cat Suzie. She is 7 and was in the vets for a while and not very happy so we met her and she seemed lovely. Well she is lovely, that is until she sees either Thundercat or Bolt then she turns into a raving psychopath cat :-(

We are segregating her at the moment and she lives quite happily in the bedroom (we let her out when the other 2 are out) but wonder how long this can go on for. I dont want to give her back but cant see how to introduce them when she goes so mental!

About This Thread

Maintained by
A thread for those owned by cats, as we cannot possibly go onto the Bark and whine thread, its for d...