Miaow, Purr, Yawn!

67 watchers
Oct 2017
8:26pm, 19 Oct 2017
17,272 posts
  •  
Steady Edina
I was visited tonight by my neighbours cat. it was nice to have a bit of company for a little while
Oct 2017
9:56am, 27 Oct 2017
11,332 posts
  •  
Autumnleaves
An update on Smudge - it now doesn't look as if failing kidneys are the problem (so glad we have 2 boxes of expensive renal food to get through). Another round of blood tests and another day at the vet's yesterday (Mr AL is refusing to tell me how much we've spend on him so far). Latest suggestions are feline AIDS or TRIADS disease (I'm not sure if I have spelt the second one right). We have more antibiotics but have to wait for the blood tests as the treatment for TRIADS would do irreparable damage to a cat with feline AIDS... Smudge himself seems brighter and a bit perkier, although still staying home most of the time and very thin.
Oct 2017
11:28am, 28 Oct 2017
11,335 posts
  •  
Autumnleaves
It's not feline AIDS and it's not leukaemia - in fact they don't know! Steroids for a week.
Oct 2017
11:26pm, 29 Oct 2017
69,394 posts
  •  
Hanneke
Oh no, hope Smudge perks up!
Oct 2017
6:48am, 30 Oct 2017
38,135 posts
  •  
Bintmcskint
I hope the steroids do the trick, AL x
Oct 2017
7:34am, 30 Oct 2017
2,429 posts
  •  
Fragile Do Not Bend
I hope Smudge improves.

I think I’m going to have a get a king sized duvet. As it was a cold night, Oreo spent the whole night on the bed wedged between us, which meant we both struggled to fully cover ourselves with the duvet.
Oct 2017
9:11am, 30 Oct 2017
5,154 posts
  •  
sallykate
Lack of a diagnosis must be very frustrating AL! Fingers crossed that things improve, whatever the cause.

Aw FDNB...I was missing the way that Lenin used to sleep in the crook of my knees yesterday.
Oct 2017
11:19pm, 31 Oct 2017
69,410 posts
  •  
Hanneke
Awwww! My Lasya sleeps in the crook of my knees too!

I also have a king size duvet on a small double, as you can never have enough duvet! Lasya is quite small, so not really fighting over it, but when I do have a bloke, it means there is enough to cover both AND the cat... Thankfully, the now ex bf thought it was rather sweet, the way she would nudge the duvet and crawl underneath. Only in winter mind, in summer she sleeps on top of it.
MH
Oct 2017
11:28pm, 31 Oct 2017
518 posts
  •  
MH
Hope Smudge improves too
We have a superking duvet on a superking bed - you need that with Maine Coons! I need a super- superking duvet, as the covers keep getting hogged by my OH and one of the cats (they tend to fight if they're both on the bed ....that's the 2 cats btw, not my OH - but one of our cats is a real bed-hogger)
Oct 2017
11:39pm, 31 Oct 2017
3,186 posts
  •  
Cyclops
I keep my bedroom door shut...

Worried about eldest cat. She has barely moved all evening - shuffled from sofa to in front of the fire when it was lit but I haven't seen her eat since I got home.

About This Thread

Maintained by
A thread for those owned by cats, as we cannot possibly go onto the Bark and whine thread, its for d...