Miaow, Purr, Yawn!

1 lurker | 67 watchers
Nov 2017
11:41pm, 2 Nov 2017
17,306 posts
  •  
Steady Edina
I looked up my old house on google and in the upstairs bedroom window you can see Madam Mia.....bless her
Nov 2017
3:06pm, 6 Nov 2017
238 posts
  •  
megster
This picture of Molly keeps popping on my screen-saver at work - she's too gorgeous not to share
Nov 2017
3:43pm, 6 Nov 2017
1,050 posts
  •  
idle_wilder
Aw she's gorgeous! Henky is on my lap - trying to keep him chilled out until I have to bundle him into his cat carrier, as we have his booster at the vet at 4.30pm..
Nov 2017
5:58pm, 6 Nov 2017
17,316 posts
  •  
Steady Edina
Good luck with the booster. What a gorgeous cat
Nov 2017
6:45pm, 8 Nov 2017
69,461 posts
  •  
Hanneke
Lasya doesn't mind the vet! They love her there. She steps out of her cat carrier, purrs at the vet when being examined, stays on the table when he gets the syringe out, doesn't flinch. She is utterly trusting of me. When she had something in her eye she let me take it out and put drops in and she usually happily purrs when her nails are being clipped then runs to the cupboard with the treats in :)
Nov 2017
7:58pm, 8 Nov 2017
2,470 posts
  •  
Fragile Do Not Bend
Considering he is a huge cat, Oreo is such a wimp when it comes to anything unfamiliar, which of course includes going to the vet. He hates being in the carrier and cries the whole time he is in it. On his last visit to the vet we were in the waiting room for a while due to an emergency and he was visibly shaking. The actual vet terrified him, I felt so guilty.

On the plus side, once we got home he was instantly back to normal as if it had never happened.
Nov 2017
8:18pm, 8 Nov 2017
17,323 posts
  •  
Steady Edina
Going to the vets was the only time my cats didn’t want to come out of the carrier
AJH
Nov 2017
9:41am, 9 Nov 2017
123 posts
  •  
AJH
I remember the first time we took Tunder and Bolt to the cattery, Thunder stayed in the cat bed all week, Bolt stayed on top of the cat bed squashing her all week. Then when we got them home (wailing all the way) Bolt ran in to the living room, stretched flat out on the carpet and just purred very loudly for ages. Was very funny :-D
Nov 2017
9:55am, 9 Nov 2017
69,462 posts
  •  
Hanneke
My little madam gets a cat sitter when I am away for more than a few days. I cannot bear putting her in a cattery and nor could she I reckon! My cat sitters have always wanted to take her home with them afterwards and would message me saying they missed her heart
I know I am biased and all cats are lovely but mine is the best! heart
Nov 2017
4:16pm, 14 Nov 2017
15,050 posts
  •  
jennywren
I had to have my old (as in 17 and a half) cat Tibby put to sleep yesterday. She was the last of the three that have lived in the house since we moved in, 21 years ago. I feel genuinely heartbroken and the place is so quiet and empty.

She was born on the sofa in the living room whilst I watched and I watched her die yesterday. It feels right that I was there but honestly, running a marathon was easier than that. Cherish your cats while you have them.

About This Thread

Maintained by
A thread for those owned by cats, as we cannot possibly go onto the Bark and whine thread, its for d...