Miaow, Purr, Yawn!

67 watchers
Apr 2015
5:18pm, 10 Apr 2015
21,113 posts
  •  
Bintmcskint
That is a great photo and a wonderful expression on his face :-)
A very handsome boy.
I hope you're doing OK
Apr 2015
10:37pm, 10 Apr 2015
621 posts
  •  
UltraMrsR
I'm ok, sobbed like a baby in the vets, they were so good. But I've been with my mum since and will be until Monday in between working. I know I hold things in, so my long drive to work on Monday morning will be my time.

It's strange that as much as I knew it was coming and I've been expecting it every time I take him to the vet it was still horrible. It was the first time Breeze got pissed off with the vet, another indication that he had had enough.

The Mr popped into the vets after work to say goodbye which I though was sweet. Breezer wasn't a fan of anyone but me!

I still have 2 other fur balls to devour with attention and I plan on pinning them down and kissing them a lot!

Thank you all for your kind words xxx
Apr 2015
11:32pm, 10 Apr 2015
67,764 posts
  •  
Hanneke
RIP Breezer. You were a handsome cat!

Definitely the right decision, but so hard! Thank goodness you have two left to distract you xx
MH
Apr 2015
12:23am, 11 Apr 2015
287 posts
  •  
MH
What a lovely looking cat! My OH and I really tried to hold up when we had to let our cat go, but in the end we were just sobbing and they let us out the back door of the surgery

Remember that you gave him a good life.
K9
Apr 2015
6:17am, 11 Apr 2015
1,040 posts
  •  
K9
So sorry MrsR

It's never easy, however much it is the right thing to do.
He's at total peace now and not suffering anymore.
Thinking of you.x
Apr 2015
10:47am, 11 Apr 2015
3,886 posts
  •  
sallykate
So sorry MrsR - so very hard even when you know it's the right thing to do :-(
Apr 2015
4:25pm, 22 Apr 2015
622 posts
  •  
UltraMrsR
I had to call my pet insurance to take Breezer off. My monthly payments went from £41 per month (which is pretty cheep for 3 cats) down to just under £15!!! It was so high for Breeze because of his age. When I got a letter confirming this and the new policy for just the girls they also gave me a bereavement contact letter - very sweet!
Apr 2015
6:02pm, 22 Apr 2015
3,176 posts
  •  
SusiesueH
That is sweet :)

A story to make you smile ( I hope...). I took Psipsina for a 6 monthly check up last week. He checked her teeth and said she had a touch of gingivitis and said with a straight face "do you brush her teeth regularly?" Really?? Does anyone brush their cat's teeth? Without the aid of drugs/chainmail gloves/something? She'd scratch my arms off!
Apr 2015
6:05pm, 22 Apr 2015
3,177 posts
  •  
SusiesueH
Oh and he also said she could do with losing a pound. I've been so offended by it Mr H is starting to think the vet told ME I was overweight and not the cat!
Apr 2015
7:00pm, 22 Apr 2015
67,823 posts
  •  
Hanneke
LOL SSH :)

I'd be offended too... yes, I know one person who brushes her cats teeth. Apparently you need to do that daily so that they don't build up tartar, which in turn could cause gingivitis which could make them loose teeth :-o

I doubt Lasya would take lightly to such actions. She just about endures me clipping her nails every 6 weeks or so!

About This Thread

Maintained by
A thread for those owned by cats, as we cannot possibly go onto the Bark and whine thread, its for d...