Miaow, Purr, Yawn!

67 watchers
May 2015
4:33pm, 15 May 2015
733 posts
  •  
Jubear
How horrible Hanneke, I had similar with my youngest, except that she just tore some claws escaping. Hope the vet confirms all is well, and yes, I'd never let her out again :-(
May 2015
4:37pm, 15 May 2015
3,916 posts
  •  
sallykate
Hanneke that is awful if it's the dog you suspect :-). I will keep everything crossed that the vet confirms nothing major as a result of the attack.
May 2015
4:46pm, 15 May 2015
3,195 posts
  •  
SusiesueH
Oh poor Lasya :( Hope the vets gives you answers and that she's on the mend soon x
May 2015
4:50pm, 15 May 2015
67,894 posts
  •  
Hanneke
Thanks guys, leaving work now... vet at 10 past 6, paws and fingers crossed I am exaggerating as an over protective mum, but better safe than sorry, I cannot cope with the worry any longer!
May 2015
8:20pm, 15 May 2015
67,895 posts
  •  
Hanneke
Been to the vet, he thinks it was another cat, or possibly a fox but not likely to be a dog.

He looked her over completely, no broken bones, but quite a few deep puncture wounds. Temperature was high. She has been given a shot of antibiotics, to stop the infection and back tomorrow for another shot of antibiotics and a check up to make sure she is ok.

She will be subdued for a bit apparently, but the antibiotics should work well and quickly so she should be feeling better soon. Poor mite could not walk up the stairs, so I carried her upstairs and have tucked her in under my duvet. It looks like I am on the sofa tonight, in the sleepingbag. Poor poor little thing. I feel bad for not having been able to protect her :(

But thankfully she is not as bad as she could have been. A dog would most certainly have either killed her or caused such bad injuries that she would not have survived. They shake their victims until their necks break...
May 2015
8:33pm, 15 May 2015
3,196 posts
  •  
SusiesueH
Aw bless her :( Hope you both have a good night's rest
May 2015
8:37pm, 15 May 2015
815 posts
  •  
RunnyBunny
Get well soon Lasya. Glad to hear she'll be OK, but what an awful thing for you both.
May 2015
8:49pm, 15 May 2015
21,595 posts
  •  
Bintmcskint
Oh Hanneke, I hope Lasya is feeling better soon :-(
May 2015
8:59pm, 15 May 2015
67,896 posts
  •  
Hanneke
She isn't a ha[[y bunny, but so glad I went to the vest and didn't wait till tomorrow! Cat's teeth are full with infectious stuff, so even if we get bitten by a cat we need antibiotocs to stop infection. It is those really sharp canines that pierce like a needle embedding their nastyness. Lets hope she will have perked up in the morning...
May 2015
9:20pm, 15 May 2015
1,811 posts
  •  
Cyclops
My cat was bitten on the tail by another cat - deep puncture wounds that got infected. She got antibiotics and surgery to cut out the worst infected bits but made a full recovery.
Hope you both feel better soon.

About This Thread

Maintained by
A thread for those owned by cats, as we cannot possibly go onto the Bark and whine thread, its for d...