Miaow, Purr, Yawn!

2 lurkers | 67 watchers
Jun 2014
6:11pm, 18 Jun 2014
66,303 posts
  •  
Hanneke
Good luck Lili, I hope she responds well to the gel.
Jun 2014
10:22pm, 22 Jun 2014
721 posts
  •  
RunnyBunny
Barney has hyperthyroidism. I found that if I hide the pill in a blob of Philadelphia, he wolfs it down too quick to notice (he licks it off the end of my finger). Wish I'd discovered this method years ago! There's a noticeable difference in his behaviour: much less tizzed. His kidney function wasn't perfect, but wasn't too bad, but he's an elderly gentleman now, so I imagine that's the direction things will go.
Jun 2014
11:41pm, 26 Jun 2014
1,947 posts
  •  
Winded
When a mouse walks into the house Helga gets confused about which sofa it is hiding under and I have to catch it. Yet she just popped out of the house for 3 minutes and came back with a rest one. It makes no sense to me.
Jun 2014
11:50pm, 26 Jun 2014
66,365 posts
  •  
Hanneke
Lasya has been catching mice and voles with a certain regularity... Last night she brought one in and had torn its innards out... se didn't quite know what to do with it though so started throwing it around... I had to wrestle it away from her and chuck it outside... suppose I better start worming her, as she is very close to realising those things are actually edible and not toys :-o
Jun 2014
12:27am, 27 Jun 2014
1,949 posts
  •  
Winded
Not rest. Fresh!

I went to bed but Helga was singing on the landing, playing with another fecking furry thing so I was sent to investigate. The vicious killing machine has left bloodstains just above the skirting board: I'm not quite sure how she did that.

Meanwhile Mrs W is trying to remember what the lady with baggy stockings who stood on a stool in Tom & Jerry used to say. She is putting on a southern US accent "Thooomas! Thoomass there is a mouse in the house is probably not quite right."
Jun 2014
1:04am, 27 Jun 2014
66,366 posts
  •  
Hanneke
Hahaha, Lasya managed to catch a large moth... then let it go again and started jumping after it knocking over things in the process... *sigh* still love her though :)
Jun 2014
7:22am, 27 Jun 2014
191 posts
  •  
timaru
we have had a really ugly puss on our property for the last year since we moved in, at first she would run just at the sight of any movement in the garden, eventually she started getting really brave. One day Lord Ginge managed to pursuade here to come into the hose, so we started to lay food down for her. We now a friendly puss and a ginger puss in out house. heaven :-)
Jun 2014
7:23am, 27 Jun 2014
192 posts
  •  
timaru
Oh the friendly puss brings us presents back, ranging from moths (as above) to mice and even a frog the other day. :-0
Jun 2014
12:54pm, 27 Jun 2014
66,367 posts
  •  
Hanneke
Yew, frogs!

We had supper at Zoom towers the other day and their cat kept bringing frogs in all night, not just one, but 3 or 4 of them in quick succession :-o
Jun 2014
4:33pm, 27 Jun 2014
194 posts
  •  
timaru
I put the frog at the end of the table and said 'come here' and it did. so i did it again and it came again! So I thought I would try something..... I chopped its legs off, so I could eat them.... I put the frog on the end of the table and asked it to come, it did not! so I asked again, and you guessed it... it did not move :-0 so I have decided the frog that ugly puss brought us back went deaf when I took its legs off!!

About This Thread

Maintained by
A thread for those owned by cats, as we cannot possibly go onto the Bark and whine thread, its for d...