Miaow, Purr, Yawn!

2 lurkers | 67 watchers
Mar 2014
9:51am, 16 Mar 2014
638 posts
  •  
Jubear
That is sad Chrisull. Remember, though, that you gave him extra time with the op on his fourth leg. I'm glad to hear he went peacefully at the end
Mar 2014
1:23pm, 16 Mar 2014
6,089 posts
  •  
Chrisull
It's strange as he was quite an anti-social cat in many ways (bit of a legend too, this is a cat who pooed in toasters, stole prize goldfish from a neighbours pond, used to "sing" in a strangulated wail at 4.00am in the morning and then change his tone of "voice" as soon as he saw you, would steal shamelessly from binbags in the street - getting me into trouble, wouldn't sit on your lap, hated being picked up, but would sit outside and greet every passer by, bullied his brother cat into leaving the home) but with 3 legs earned a kind of grace and vulnerability hopping around insisting on getting up on the dinner table whenever he could (even yesterday!) that won everybody's hearts. He became more approachable, ready to tolerate stroking, but I shall miss returning from runs and being scolded by an impatient cat on the doorstep wanting to get in the front, when he could just go round the side and use his catflap.
Mar 2014
4:26pm, 16 Mar 2014
3,844 posts
  •  
CC2 Speedy Goth
So sorry to hear that Chrisull.

I've had a traumatic week with Eloise. I'll blog it later, but the short version is that her blood pressure got so high her retina burst and her eye turned into a vampiresque black ball. She had it removed on Wednesday and is now suffering the indignities of me calling her cyclops, scarface and pirate puss. She's still gorgeous really. Or, she will be when her fur grows back.
Mar 2014
4:34pm, 16 Mar 2014
4,183 posts
  •  
heebiejeebie
Poor thing!

Have you got her an eyepatch and a little cutlass?
Mar 2014
4:58pm, 16 Mar 2014
1,288 posts
  •  
Cyclops
Poor Eloise. Tell her there's nothing to be ashamed of having only one eye and she too can be proud to be a Cyclops!! Must be odd for a cat to get used to though.... Is she bumping into things?
Mar 2014
5:35pm, 16 Mar 2014
3,845 posts
  •  
CC2 Speedy Goth
Not at all actually, but I've suspected for a while that she was a bit blind, so she's probably used to it.
Mar 2014
5:50pm, 16 Mar 2014
1,289 posts
  •  
Cyclops
Like me ;- By the time they actually took my eye out I didn't have any sight in it, having gradually lost it over a long time without really realising. At least she is adapted already. Good luck to her!
Mar 2014
7:50pm, 16 Mar 2014
15,062 posts
  •  
*jono*
sounds like agreat cat Chrisull :)

sorry about Eloise Speedy

Billy the cat has been with us for two weeks now, I ran past the RSPCA centre on Friday night - Billy being on death row in the aforementioned establishment.

He's settled in very well - he does want to go out of a night, but me and Mrs J have always kept the cats that have lived with us in the house.
Mar 2014
9:04am, 17 Mar 2014
65,813 posts
  •  
Hanneke
So sotty to hear thar Chrisull... at least he had a bit more happy time with you!

Poor Eloise! Bit worrying that blood pressure thing, can it hjappen again? At least she seems tp be adapting to the one eyed status well :)

My Lasya has been absolute bliss! She is such a great cat in all ways heart

Now that the weather has been great, I have kept the front door open... she has progressed from sitting inside looking to the outside through porch and front door to sitting on the doormat inside the front door looking out to sitting half in half out to sitting on the outside doormat and sniffing around on the stoop :-o One part of me hopes she is going to keep being afraid of outside, as I will be worried sick she gets killed by a car or stolen, the other half of me wants her to have an exciting life outside the house!

Mind, she makes it exciting enough inside and is a very happy well settled puss... She did slip from the top railing along the mezzanine though :-O She suddenly came tumbling down and I saw her turning herslef onto her feet just in time, missing the chaise longer by a centimeter! I am pretty sure it was unintentional, allthough she has jumped onto my shoulder from up there before, which my friend who was there and witnessed it said it was fully intentional! Burmese are well known for ther climbing prowess and no fear of heights!

A new 'issue' has arisen now that I open the velux window in my bedroom as well... she sits on a cabinet close to it, eyeing up the roof... I suppose as long as she doesn't get stuck on the roof or outside because she jumped off the roof, that is ok. I don't mind her going out there...
Mar 2014
9:04am, 17 Mar 2014
65,814 posts
  •  
Hanneke
sotty? soRRy obviously...

About This Thread

Maintained by
A thread for those owned by cats, as we cannot possibly go onto the Bark and whine thread, its for d...