•  
Steady Edina
It was chucking it down
Mar 2014
5:52pm, 31 Mar 2014
65,895 posts
  •  
Hanneke
My poor Lasya was on her own from Thursday afternoon, as the person who was supposed to go in and feed her forgot!!! She had an empty food bowl, but thankfully not run out of water. Poor thing must have been starving and lonely and hasn't been from my side/lap today...
Mar 2014
6:43pm, 31 Mar 2014
5,725 posts
  •  
Footpad
Oh heck Hann. How many days without food was she? Cats are Ok for a few days to be honest.... but not ideal !!!
Mar 2014
8:16pm, 31 Mar 2014
15,146 posts
  •  
*jono*
how can you forget to feed a cat :-0
Mar 2014
9:21pm, 31 Mar 2014
65,896 posts
  •  
Hanneke
I asked him before I booked flights, I reminded him several times, including last sunday and Wednesday, the day before I left. I did think on Friday, at my sisters, cuddling her puppy: maybe I should send him a text to remind him...

I left Thursday afternoon, gave her a full bowl of kibbles, fresh water and a clean, fresh litter tray... She eats about half a bowl a day, so she will have run out by Saturday morning I reckon... Very little poop in the tray, for 3 days and a bit... but as she had not eaten that much. Poor cat, she has become even more affectionate!!! Won't let me go again I reckon! I have promised her it won't happen again! I am getting a food hopper and drinking fountain, just in case!!!
Mar 2014
9:22pm, 31 Mar 2014
65,897 posts
  •  
Hanneke
Worse is that she has been on her own for so long. She is a people's cat, that is mainly why I arrange for someone to get in and feed her and fuss over her at least once a day when I am away!
Mar 2014
9:32pm, 31 Mar 2014
16,858 posts
  •  
Steady Edina
[IMAGE]
Apr 2014
8:18am, 4 Apr 2014
3,288 posts
  •  
Q Mac
Highly recommend contacting the RSPCA for the 'Home for Life' pack. It's a real weight off our mind knowing our (at the moment) four bundles of devastation would be looked after int he event of our passing away. It's a great scheme, you name your current 'members of the family' but also covers any and all whom join you in the future.
Apr 2014
9:27am, 4 Apr 2014
65,931 posts
  •  
Hanneke
I have asked a friend to look after Lasya when I die, but it looks like the new BF is rather keen on her too :) It is a concern. My best friend is HIV positive and his viral load has been well under control, he never developed symptoms. However, when his cats died, he decided not to get any, as he'd hate for him to die first... He is totally in love with Lasya though and keeps asking for more photo's on Farcebook of her :)

She is soooooooo affectionate and a little clingy this week, obviously because I suddenly was away and no-one looked after her for 4 days :( That person who was supposed to look after her will never be asked again and he volunteered too, because he likes her so much...
Apr 2014
9:46am, 4 Apr 2014
29,393 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
That's quite shocking about poor Lasya having to go without company and fresh food for so long, Hann :(

Tizzifer hasn't quite known where to put himself for the last few days. He's wandering from room to room and not settling. We wonder if he's ill, but he's been known to malinger to get attention in the past so we're keeping an eye on him at the moment.

About This Thread

Maintained by
A thread for those owned by cats, as we cannot possibly go onto the Bark and whine thread, its for d...