Miaow, Purr, Yawn!

1 lurker | 67 watchers
Apr 2014
10:03am, 4 Apr 2014
65,936 posts
  •  
Hanneke
Tizz is getting on, maybe it is just old age niggling?

Yes, it is a disgrace and he will never be entrusted with the care for my beloved cat ever again!

Mind, I am a tad worried about him... His father had Alzheimers and his memory seems to be incredibly poor, much worse than it ever was, lately... I am not sure if it is stress over changing circumstances, he has just made me redundant, is winding down the art dealership and I only work two days a week running the arts centre now. Or maybe it is the start of failing memory? When I came into work Tuesday, I found he had left on holiday the night before, leaving his house and the studio unlocked and the gallery locked but not alarmed. He had also forgotten to water the greenhouse, about which he called... I mentioned the unlocked state of the place and he was really surprised! Best keep an eye... That is several quite serious memory lapses in a short time span...
Apr 2014
10:04am, 4 Apr 2014
29,394 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
He's quite a bit older than you, Hann, isn't he?
Apr 2014
10:05am, 4 Apr 2014
65,937 posts
  •  
Hanneke
ION: Lasya has dared venture beyond the stoop in front of the door a couple of times, so I am having a catflap fitted in one of my new windows, so she can pop in and out round the back of the house, away from the road.

I better give her her flea treatment then too, for the first time in the year I have had her. As she doesn't go out, I haven't botherd up till now :)
Apr 2014
10:07am, 4 Apr 2014
65,938 posts
  •  
Hanneke
Yes, he is, 14 years so he is now 63... hence wanting to retire rather than stress over an arts business that is loosing money. I didn't want to take it on on my own either. I am not sure, maybe the changes are affecting him more than he wants to let on... He always relied heavily on me, even though he says I never did anything and whereas I feel liberated, I suspect he feels lost...
Apr 2014
10:08am, 4 Apr 2014
65,939 posts
  •  
Hanneke
Hard one... maybe I am seeing things, after all, I have recently been trained to work with people with dementia, including recognising early stages... *sigh*
Apr 2014
10:08am, 4 Apr 2014
65,940 posts
  •  
Hanneke
Maybe I better enroll him in my arts courses I have just received a grant for, just in case :)
Apr 2014
10:09am, 4 Apr 2014
65,941 posts
  •  
Hanneke
Arts for dementia that is...
Apr 2014
6:11am, 5 Apr 2014
15,183 posts
  •  
*jono*
Billy the cat went out on one of his rare night time excursions - met him at the front door as I went out - he's now fed and lying at the top of the stairs:)
Apr 2014
10:01am, 5 Apr 2014
65,951 posts
  •  
Hanneke
Lasya was out all the time yesterday, when I was outside. She is taking a liking to going out as she shot to the door, hoping to go out, when I went to the shop to pick up my weekly fresh croissant treat...

I am going to have to fit a cat flap in one of my new windows I reckon, but the one where I want the flap, around the back so she goes steright into the woodland, is going in last, so I have another 6 months or so to test things out. Maybe I just let her outside when I am outside only... She does seem to stay close to me and comes running to me when I call her :)
Apr 2014
10:51am, 5 Apr 2014
65,953 posts
  •  
Hanneke
Anti-flea, mite etc stuff has been admistered to the base of the scull. Makes me realise how dense her coat is, as it is supposed to be applied to the skin... Could not really see her skin!!! Some of it has ended up on her fur, but I think the majority is on her skin... I am so clumsy, she was very good, even though she did flinch on the application of the first squeeze from the pipette... She has had a treat too but now I cant pet her where she likes it most until it has all dried up :-o

About This Thread

Maintained by
A thread for those owned by cats, as we cannot possibly go onto the Bark and whine thread, its for d...