Fetch Birdwatchers

6 lurkers | 166 watchers
26 Aug
2:51pm, 26 Aug 2024
24,234 posts
  •  
Red Squirrel
Ditto Ronnie. I was out and about yesterday evening and they were gathering. My wee ones in the eaves seem to have flown the nest. On the way back from my walk when it was nearly dark, I saw 3 large hares playing in the road. Magical. I’ve now moved to Moray and loving the peace.
26 Aug
3:50pm, 26 Aug 2024
3,293 posts
  •  
RunningRonnie
I love Moray. Fantastic area.
26 Aug
4:28pm, 26 Aug 2024
24,237 posts
  •  
Red Squirrel
Feel very lucky @RunningRonnie I’ve been very busy getting set up here, but will be heading off to Lossie’s east beach later this week to check out the waders.
26 Aug
4:42pm, 26 Aug 2024
67,694 posts
  •  
Derby Tup
Little grebe on the Derbyshire Wye
J2R
26 Aug
5:26pm, 26 Aug 2024
5,588 posts
  •  
J2R
@Surelynot , we're in the Pirin Mountains in south west Bulgaria.

Today's new bird for me, a cirl bunting! First I've ever seen. Didn't get more than a fleeting view but it was enough to tell.

While we were eating outside a mountain hut, an alpine accentor was hopping around not far away. On the drive back from the mountain village where we started our hike, we stopped to watch a red-backed shrike, and saw a stork feeding a little way off. A bird also flew across which I would have said was most likely a yellow wagtail, although I haven't yet confirmed that they occur here. Another unsubstantiated bird - for the second day running, I think it's likely that there were rock sparrows among mixed flocks of house sparrows and chaffinches feeding on the ground. Didn't get a clear enough view either time, though, it was more a case of "those female house sparrows look odd".
J2R
26 Aug
5:28pm, 26 Aug 2024
5,589 posts
  •  
J2R
@Red Squirrel , very envious of your new home!
26 Aug
5:53pm, 26 Aug 2024
3,294 posts
  •  
RunningRonnie
Red Squirrel wrote:Feel very lucky @RunningRonnie I’ve been very busy getting set up here, but will be heading off to Lossie’s east beach later this week to check out the waders.

Sounds great, I love waders. Sanderlinds and ringed plover especially.
27 Aug
3:39pm, 27 Aug 2024
6,290 posts
  •  
paulcook
27 Aug
3:58pm, 27 Aug 2024
67,708 posts
  •  
Derby Tup
I got a snipe this morning flying which at one point went right over my car. Its wings were going really quickly as if it was struggling to carry its fantastic long bill. Then at lunch time a very close view of a male sparrowhawk diving into a hedge
27 Aug
8:58pm, 27 Aug 2024
305 posts
  •  
tinebeest

I love my morning commute - first time I see him/her do this, but so lovely to know they're a regular feature now!
I'm sure you'll agree this is a slightly better pic than my bald eagle a bit further up the thread 😆

About This Thread

Maintained by AngelWings
Big Garden Birdwatch 26-28th January rspb.org.uk

BTO BirdTrack: blx1.bto.org

BirdTrack App: bto.org

BTO Website: bto.org

Website for identifying dragon & damselflies: british-dragonflies.org.uk