Cats in Boxes

4 lurkers | 97 watchers
CK2
May 2022
11:55am, 15 May 2022
1,229 posts
  •  
CK2
So stressful for you Vixx. I hope you can get him to the vet soon.
May 2022
12:04pm, 15 May 2022
1,608 posts
  •  
Vixx
I'll be on the phone first thing tomorrow! Our vet is less than 400m from us.
May 2022
2:34pm, 15 May 2022
16,687 posts
  •  
Garfield
Good luck Vixx and I hope the vet can help soon.
May 2022
3:50pm, 15 May 2022
1,609 posts
  •  
Vixx
Thank you everyone :)
May 2022
9:03pm, 15 May 2022
16,829 posts
  •  
NDWDave
New box

CK2
May 2022
9:26pm, 15 May 2022
1,230 posts
  •  
CK2
Cats know other cats’ names!
independent.co.uk

My favourite bit ‘ One cat, according to the study, “completed only the first trial before escaping from the room and climbing out of reach”.’
May 2022
10:06pm, 15 May 2022
1,611 posts
  •  
Vixx
LOL!

Loving the new box photos NDWDave :)

I took Spike to the veterinary hospital in Wolverhampton (as they are linked to our vets'). His breathing got worse and I was worried. He was out for nearly 5hrs and when I went to look for him he was on the back path and let me pick him up to bring him in. I got a small amount of metacam in him and smeared ice cream (vanilla) round his chops to make him lick it, and whilst he perked up, I was still bothered.

I am a little bit miffed at the veterinary hospital as they said yesterday that they had 2 appointments (neither of which I could make due to being in Manchester, and Wolverhampton is nearly an hour away) and that was it. I rang another vets tonight in Halesowen and near to mom and they do a 24hr emergency clinic. They told me to go to ours - Ours didn't even say I could go as an emergency!

I could have had him there yesterday but no-one told me that :(
May 2022
10:34pm, 15 May 2022
88,967 posts
  •  
Hanneke
Oh that is poor show!
Any news?
May 2022
9:06am, 16 May 2022
1,876 posts
  •  
Ally-C
We put our unused non fishy cat food out for this little fellow.

May 2022
9:32am, 16 May 2022
1,612 posts
  •  
Vixx
Vet just called. He has a heart issue where they think he's had an issue previously that might not have shown up but his heart isn't pumping properly.

They have drained the fluid but said he's still really lethargic at present.

They said without medication he has less than 3 months and his heart could just stop anyway in that time. It would be two tablets twice a day. I don't think the carers would do it so I didn't know what to do, so they have said they will start the meds and scan him again at teatime but if there's no improvement they have said perhaps he should be put to sleep.

What would you do? I don't want him to suffer, but they have said if the meds work it could give more time if managed.

I need to do what is right for him.

About This Thread

Maintained by Corrah
All the cat people out there know that cats love boxes, so go on then and lets see you feline friend. Boxes optional :) This is the cat appreciation thread along with Miaow, Purr, Yawn!