Cats in Boxes

1 lurker | 97 watchers
Mar 2022
6:22am, 17 Mar 2022
629 posts
  •  
NRGEE
Does any one's cat overgroom? Lucky has overgroomed her back left outer surface of her leg to the point the hair is missing and I can see skin. I had a vet consultation online and sent photos- but have an actual consultation tomorrow. She also is VERY fussy eater and will only eat purina natri savour KITTEN food. I have tried her with every adult food going and she just sniffs it and walks away. She has dry food too- Go cat for indoor cats and eats that no problem. AS she will no longer be classified as a kitten next month- I am going to seek advice from vet-is it ok to continue feeding her kitten food when she is an adult? Has anyone had similar experiences- and what did you do please? Many thanks NRGEE x
Mar 2022
7:06am, 17 Mar 2022
7,384 posts
  •  
Corrah
Poppy went through a period of over grooming. She was stressed but some medical conditions came to light a while later. She actually stopped it herself. Mine are fussy eaters but I don’t mess about that much with food. I switch between whiskas and felix for a bit of variety. They also get dry food so it’s up to them what they eat.
Mar 2022
7:29am, 17 Mar 2022
1,737 posts
  •  
Gromit
One of ours had been been over grooming for the last few years , had allergy tests and it came back that he was allergic to some form of plant life and we'd need to pay another few £100 to find out exactly what so we didn't, he was then put on steroid injections which would really calm him down for a few months at a time , however we did then change his flea treatment brand and since then he's been a changed boy, everyone now comments on his furry coat and now being just a little over weight ;-) and he hasn't needed a steroid injection for over 6 months ..........
Mar 2022
8:43am, 17 Mar 2022
9,484 posts
  •  
sallykate
I saw somewhere that the main difference with kitten food is that it's more energy dense, so I'd have thought it's fine as long as she's not having loads of it. I'm sure vet will be able to advise.

When Ellie over-groomed it was as a result of a flea allergy. Now that she's on Credelio tablets (for fleas) she's fine.
Mar 2022
10:05am, 17 Mar 2022
76,293 posts
  •  
Gobi
instagram.com

Nev just helped himself to my glasses
Mar 2022
12:22pm, 17 Mar 2022
3,976 posts
  •  
ndellar
A strange cat came in to our garden. Thankfully there was a shut glass door in between but Mabel in the kitchen shouted at the imposter and puffed up to twice her normal size. That got rid!
Mar 2022
2:16pm, 17 Mar 2022
1,588 posts
  •  
Vixx

Happy Birthday to these two loveable muppets/Grumpy Old Men :)
Mar 2022
5:38pm, 17 Mar 2022
87,206 posts
  •  
Hanneke
NRGEE Lasya didn't eat ANY wet food for quite a while. Vet said not to worry as she was fine on dried. Then I tried pouches, which she does eat but no.more than half a pouch or half a tin of those small, square patē things.
At some point it seemed she wasn't eating at all: I realised why when I found all these remnants of rodents under the shrub by the door :)
Mar 2022
5:48pm, 17 Mar 2022
31,415 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
Ozzy is fussy
95% dried biccies that I have to rotate so he doesn't get bored!
He will try to try Dio's food every now and then
So occasionally had half a packet of food or raw mince

Dio eats everything
JEB
Mar 2022
10:41am, 18 Mar 2022
1,487 posts
  •  
JEB
One of ours used to over groom and regularly had bald patches on his legs, definitely stress related in his case.

About This Thread

Maintained by Corrah
All the cat people out there know that cats love boxes, so go on then and lets see you feline friend. Boxes optional :) This is the cat appreciation thread along with Miaow, Purr, Yawn!