Cats in Boxes

4 lurkers | 97 watchers
Dec 2021
5:35pm, 23 Dec 2021
83,505 posts
  •  
Hanneklaas
SK, since having Lasya, I haven't had mouse issues! That is 9 years! I am going to have to dig out the old traps and set them under the kitchen cabinets...
Dec 2021
6:20pm, 23 Dec 2021
756 posts
  •  
The Pin Lady
We only had a mouse problem once we had a cat! Pepper dropping them and not remembering where they were!
Dec 2021
6:46pm, 23 Dec 2021
6,579 posts
  •  
1step2far
That just make me laugh pin lady 😂
Dec 2021
8:55pm, 23 Dec 2021
29,907 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
New kitten alert Raemondo is getting new kittens!
Dec 2021
9:10pm, 23 Dec 2021
3,851 posts
  •  
SsH-tille Nacht
Oooh!
Dec 2021
6:24am, 24 Dec 2021
8,682 posts
  •  
Raedolf the Rae nosed Raendeer
Indeed - the old cat never cared much for boxes, or any other 'normal' cat behaviour, but these young ones seem much more typical.

They're currently called Floor and Loes, and they're with a Foster family over in Belgium for now. They're allegedly about 7 months old, but Loes looks more like 1 year and Floor might be a bit younger.

(Floor on the left, Loes on the right. I'm thinking of changing their names but I'm not sure what to yet. Loes might become Lenore, after the Roman Dirge comic book character. Floor might become Peggy after Agent Carter)

We took Bel, the youngest, most playful, dog to meet them yesterday to check they didn't hate each other on sight, and while she was certainly intrigued, Floor wasn't scared and seemed very capable of slapping down any invasive snoots that might come her way so we're confident they'll settle in with each other well.

Loes stayed under a sofa the whole time. Apparently it took her about a month to trust the Foster people but then it was like a switch flicked and she became a real cuddle bunny.

They need to get rabies shots, as do our dogs, and I need to fill out the adoption paperwork and pay the fees, so they won't be moving in until after Christmas.

We'll need to make a new feeding box for them and get the other cat stuff back out of the loft.
I'm sure there will be many many pictures.
CK2
Dec 2021
6:32am, 24 Dec 2021
1,069 posts
  •  
CK2
They look gorgeous. I look forward to lots of photos. I’m feeding my neighbour’s cats over Christmas so there maybe photos of my temporary cats to come. They seem tiny compared to our two bruisers and mine are sniffing me loads after my feeding trips despite my enthusiastic hand washing.
Dec 2021
6:53am, 24 Dec 2021
10,151 posts
  •  
leaguefreak
They're lovely. Boba bolted out at 10pm yesterday when Mr LF opened the door to put the milk bottles out. He reappeared in the garden two minutes later looking shocked at his own bravery and was back in within 5 minutes but blimey I was scared. We don't let them out after dark.
Dec 2021
6:55am, 24 Dec 2021
29,908 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
They do look lovely Rae can't wait to meet them
Dec 2021
7:01am, 24 Dec 2021
25,932 posts
  •  
Lizzie Whizzmas
Loes looks like our Mason :-)

About This Thread

Maintained by Corrah
All the cat people out there know that cats love boxes, so go on then and lets see you feline friend. Boxes optional :) This is the cat appreciation thread along with Miaow, Purr, Yawn!