•  
ITG ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ธ
Peggรฝ in boxing practise.

Aug 2023
7:16am, 1 Aug 2023
16,722 posts
  •  
ITG ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ธ
Having cat trouble and shall call the vet when they open but I don't even know how to explain.

Pascal (1) has started pooping in the house. His box is available and he cab also get out. But it is like he is choosing to go indoors, mostly in the tv room and even on the sofa (fortunately washable cover!). I came back from a trip on Saturday but my OH and kids were home so he was getting plenty cuddles. I think this started just before I got home but I would say it is worsening. (Three incidents yesterday.)

Both he and Peggรฝ (3) have some swelling in their eyes. The extra white eyelid is very large (inside corner of eyes).

We have workers outside who have dug a HUGE hole in the garden and I wonder if that is bothering them - stirring up dust or just upsetting Pascal.

For now, they are locked in washroom with catflap to outside to reduce accidents
Aug 2023
7:21am, 1 Aug 2023
45,210 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
Sorry ITG canโ€™t offer much but I think you might have it

The dust could be affecting the eyes for sure and the change of habits could be stress
Hope they settle soon xx
Aug 2023
7:23am, 1 Aug 2023
10,665 posts
  •  
Raemond
Is it normal poop, or runnier/dryer than usual? Any change to food lately?

Could be it's a dirty protest about the builders, could be that he's not feeling well and really wants you to notice.
Aug 2023
7:28am, 1 Aug 2023
16,723 posts
  •  
ITG ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ธ
No change to food or litter though box in a new place. (I put him in it yesterday after he pooped on the floor but he came straight out.) Poop was mixed. One quite runny but there was a "solid" on the sofa (stronso in Italian if that helps).

He seems to be eating very quickly. But Peggรฝ is super gentle and never steals his dinner or chases him (it is the other way around) so it is not her. She was in the same room when he had breakfast today and she didn't even get our of bed. Cat flap has a magnet for entry so other cats do not get in.

I forgot to mention on Sunday he was crying a lot in a distressed way.

No visible injuries and no reaction when i gently squeezed him all over.
Aug 2023
7:34am, 1 Aug 2023
10,666 posts
  •  
Raemond
Sounds like he isn't feeling well, poor thing, a check up at the vets is probably the best plan.
Aug 2023
8:55am, 1 Aug 2023
16,725 posts
  •  
ITG ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ธ
Pascal is now snuggling, something that is quite rare for him, especially during the day ๐Ÿ˜ฟ
Aug 2023
8:58am, 1 Aug 2023
107,774 posts
  •  
Hanneke
Oh no, hope he is just upset by the hole digging...
Aug 2023
9:07am, 1 Aug 2023
16,726 posts
  •  
ITG ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ธ
Google says conjunctivitis - makes sense for both cats to have that, especially given all the digging. There is a fousty smell (no idea what fousty is in english, let alone Icelandic!). If Pascal also has fever, it explains him being miserable and pooping.

Google also says of you see the third eyelid, go to vet ASAP. Opens for calls in 30 min. Hope for an appointment today.

About This Thread

Maintained by Corrah
All the cat people out there know that cats love boxes, so go on then and lets see you feline friend. Boxes optional :) This is the cat appreciation thread along with Miaow, Purr, Yawn!