Cats in Boxes

4 lurkers | 97 watchers
Aug 2023
2:59pm, 2 Aug 2023
16,735 posts
  •  
ITG ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ธ
I was out for about 4 hours. When I came back, he had not "gone" at all. I let him out on the basis that I could watch him, went to the loo myself and came out to an unholy whiff. He had pooped right beside the sofa (fortunately not on it as the throw for the upstairs sofa is currently on the downstairs sofa after he pooped on that one). On the bright side, it was significantly firmer. But he's gonna have to get back to a litter tray!
Aug 2023
8:24pm, 2 Aug 2023
16,736 posts
  •  
ITG ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ธ
And again in my office.

I don't how to get him to use the box again. I've googled but while the diagnosis is very obvious, there is no miracle solution and I am doing all the obvious things.

I might try getting some soil from outside to see if he will use that.
Aug 2023
8:51am, 3 Aug 2023
16,737 posts
  •  
ITG ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ธ
And two more this morning ๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿ˜–.

I have taken some soil from outside and put a layer over the cat litter. After that, I am out of ideas. I don't want to let him out until the digging outside is finished but that might be tomorrow.
Aug 2023
8:54am, 3 Aug 2023
45,280 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
is there a single room like a bathroom you can shut him in so that he uses it?
If he uses it once he might remember to use it?
Aug 2023
9:46am, 3 Aug 2023
16,739 posts
  •  
ITG ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ธ
We shut him in my ofrice but he is still going on the floor. Not even the same place every time.
Aug 2023
9:49am, 3 Aug 2023
45,285 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
very odd
poor love and you!
Aug 2023
10:34am, 3 Aug 2023
16,740 posts
  •  
ITG ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ธ
The soil in the litter box worked! Just the smallest of poops and a lot of soil and sand (and probably poop) scattered about but hopefully this is the start of him getting over the box anxiety.
Aug 2023
10:38am, 3 Aug 2023
3,857 posts
  •  
Ally-C
Iโ€™ve seven different types of cat food here. Oldest cat willnae look at any of them, but heโ€™s been to the neighbours every morning this week and eaten one Iโ€™ve got ๐Ÿ™€
Aug 2023
10:47am, 3 Aug 2023
45,289 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
great news ITG

Ally-C Ozzy is so fussy and gets bored easily! When we had to swap his food he wouldn't eat it and still hardly eats packet mainly biscuits. And now if I give him any of his old biscuits he won't eat them despite them previously being his fav

cats hey
Aug 2023
11:07am, 3 Aug 2023
16,741 posts
  •  
ITG ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ธ
Till it didn't!

More floor poop.

I've put more soil in the box.

Exhausted and all the bloody cleaning is not doing much for my slipped disc ๐Ÿ˜ญ

About This Thread

Maintained by Corrah
All the cat people out there know that cats love boxes, so go on then and lets see you feline friend. Boxes optional :) This is the cat appreciation thread along with Miaow, Purr, Yawn!