Cats in Boxes

8 lurkers | 97 watchers
Aug 2023
12:45pm, 3 Aug 2023
17,408 posts
  •  
Garfield
ITG - You mentioned you moved the litter box...would moving the litter box back to its original location help? Or have you done that already?
Aug 2023
12:47pm, 3 Aug 2023
11,920 posts
  •  
sallykate
Caspar is so big that he struggles with actually doing his thing in the litter box sometimes - we may need to invest in a bigger one (unless they're a standard size).
Aug 2023
12:48pm, 3 Aug 2023
45,293 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
we have an extra large tray SK
Aug 2023
12:58pm, 3 Aug 2023
107,918 posts
  •  
Hanneke
I have put a removal box with a pophole cut out over Lasya's box last year. It has stopped her kicking out too much grit and poo and gives her the privacy she needs too!
CK2
Aug 2023
12:59pm, 3 Aug 2023
2,168 posts
  •  
CK2
We have this one as we have large cars - petsathome.com
Aug 2023
4:48pm, 3 Aug 2023
16,743 posts
  •  
ITG 🇮🇸
We have a covered box but he was adamant he was not going in that so I set up his old kitten box.

I had to move everything because builders are in and out where he usually has it and he cannot go out until he gets better. I can hopefully put things back tomorrow but it is a problem to have him in there (utility room) until I trust him with the box because it is all in disorder and there are too many places to hide a poop 😖.

Catch-22.

Assuming when he can get out again, maybe Saturday, he will go outside but since he broke the bloody catflap there is a high risk of him getting locked out. Not such a problem this time of year though. And reduces my laundry and cleaning 😂.
Aug 2023
4:50pm, 3 Aug 2023
16,744 posts
  •  
ITG 🇮🇸
Hanneke, I read that as "poophole" and imagined very sophisticated cat squatting over a DIY toilet seat 😹
Aug 2023
5:40pm, 3 Aug 2023
107,949 posts
  •  
Hanneke
It is a business!
I hope things will be back to normal soon.
Lasya HATES change and new things. She got very upset by a new rug, a new blanket, new curtains...
Aug 2023
4:44pm, 4 Aug 2023
11,440 posts
  •  
leaguefreak
Our two seem like they have been thoroughly spoiled by cat gran and cat auntie.

ITG hope he settles soon
Aug 2023
8:27pm, 4 Aug 2023
16,749 posts
  •  
ITG 🇮🇸
Back to vet and got some different medicine paste to try to stop the diarrhea. I also bought new litter which is based on wood chippings and I hope the change is enough for him to get over his fear of the old stuff. I've left Peggy's alone as I hope in time to get Pascal back to that which is a really good clumping "multicat" litter. But Pascal sneaked out today so no doubt did his business outside.

Exhausted.

About This Thread

Maintained by Corrah
All the cat people out there know that cats love boxes, so go on then and lets see you feline friend. Boxes optional :) This is the cat appreciation thread along with Miaow, Purr, Yawn!