A Good Cup of Coffee

1 lurker | 78 watchers
12 May
1:04pm, 12 May 2024
23,807 posts
  •  
Red Squirrel
Home-made iced coffee today. Tried to find some fresh beans locally but couldn’t find rich dark; they only had fruity. Settled for ground Cafe Direct Machu Picchu - double espresso in Aeropress sweetened with jaggery, poured onto ice cubes and whole organic milk. Gonna do a cold brew overnight to take to work.
12 May
1:20pm, 12 May 2024
24,121 posts
  •  
larkim
Enjoyed aeropress based decaf espresso martinis last night alongside Eurovision. Reckoned if I made a strong enough batch of aeropress coffee that would be easier than making several espressos (espressi?) if I wanted a couple. V happy with how that turned out, and no caffeine sleeping issues!
12 May
2:14pm, 12 May 2024
23,812 posts
  •  
Red Squirrel
I had my first ever espresso martini recently. I only ever go for cocktails in the evening, so have never had in a bar (caffeine affects my sleep taken late in day). I’ve been tempted for probably decades! I decided that I couldn’t leave it any longer and had a day off, so I bought some from M & S - they’ve got them in small bottles. Had a couple of pals round for lunch and we slurped them beforehand in the garden dah-lings, feeling very decadent. I couldn’t risk buying the components myself otherwise I might’ve got a bit partial to them and over-caffeinated which affects sleep.

I remembered in my 20s I had a pal who became an air steward. When he came to visit from London about once a month, we’d meet in a bar which did Khalua and milk. Now that’s a lovely drink.
12 May
2:57pm, 12 May 2024
14,016 posts
  •  
sallykate
Add vodka in there and you have a white Russian! Seem to remember liking black Russians in my dim and very distant undergraduate days.
12 May
3:59pm, 12 May 2024
23,816 posts
  •  
Red Squirrel
Yes, sallykate. I used to go to a pub, again in my 20s, where we used to alternate black with white.
15 May
11:36am, 15 May 2024
23,831 posts
  •  
Red Squirrel
Home-made iced with breakfast.
19 May
5:56pm, 19 May 2024
23,847 posts
  •  
Red Squirrel
Still on the cold coffee - double espresso in a glass with milk and ice cubes. Cafe Direct Machu Picchu.
19 May
6:41pm, 19 May 2024
11,132 posts
  •  
Fields
Must give this a go
19 May
9:08pm, 19 May 2024
38,927 posts
  •  
Ocelot Spleens
Cafe Direct Machu Pichu is one of my coffees of choice lately.
27 May
9:11am, 27 May 2024
21,164 posts
  •  
Cerrertonia
Not sure this counts as a 'good' cup of coffee, but it took a while to brew. (Mother-in-law gave us this a while back, she was visiting and showed us how to use it).

About This Thread

Maintained by Red Squirrel
Non-tea drinker here and nowhere to talk about the caffeine bean, so I thought I'd start a thread. ...

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.