A Good Cup of Coffee

1 lurker | 78 watchers
Jul 2013
4:29pm, 2 Jul 2013
13,784 posts
  •  
Steady Edina
Well I think I need a recovery cup of coffee it will have to be instant as out of fresh
Jul 2013
4:37pm, 2 Jul 2013
877 posts
  •  
Zorba
Huzzah !
Jul 2013
4:59pm, 2 Jul 2013
860 posts
  •  
SuperDave
Pretentious? Moi?? I had a bloody McDonalds espresso this morning i'll have you know!
Jul 2013
6:18pm, 2 Jul 2013
61,783 posts
  •  
Hanneke
It is funny, these perceptions and preconceived ideas... In Holland we think the way the English treat their cup of tea is pretentious... Coffee, beans and anything associated with it is 'burgerlijk' i.e. ordinary or common as you'd call it :)
Jul 2013
7:14pm, 2 Jul 2013
1,012 posts
  •  
phôôk
Burgerlijk is a very good word.
Jul 2013
7:15pm, 2 Jul 2013
9,793 posts
  •  
Red Squirrel
I was thinking that the other day Hann. I've visited quite a few nations who love their coffee, but it's just a humble ritual:

Vietnam - drip into glass
Laos - through a mesh bag
Sumatra - not sure how they prepared it there but it arrived at my cafe table with condensed milk in the bottom and that's where I really fell in love with coffee (first stop in Asia after flying into Singapore).
Jul 2013
7:27pm, 2 Jul 2013
10,323 posts
  •  
Fleecy Says Vote Bint for MOTM
Sydneysiders are very serious about their coffee. I had an amazing latte at the airport there! I don't give a fuck if it's pretentious, I like a nice cup of coffee and it's as much about the ritual and the smell of freshly ground beans as about the taste, it makes me happy every morning :)
Nice link, jacdaw, I think I will have to dabble in cafetiere coffee.
Jul 2013
7:28pm, 2 Jul 2013
13,790 posts
  •  
Steady Edina
I think one of the nicest things my ex husband said to me was that before he met me he liked coffee but afterwards he loved it.
Jul 2013
7:37pm, 2 Jul 2013
9,795 posts
  •  
Red Squirrel
When I flew into Perth from Bali, the first coffee I had was gorgeous and after that, even in the small towns, we usually found a good cafe.
Jul 2013
8:39pm, 2 Jul 2013
25,985 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
When I told my ex husband that one of the reasons we should get divorced was that we had nothing in common any more, he protested, "But there are the children, and we both like coffee."

About This Thread

Maintained by Red Squirrel
Non-tea drinker here and nowhere to talk about the caffeine bean, so I thought I'd start a thread. ...

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.