1500 miles in 2016

48 watchers
Apr 2016
6:29pm, 4 Apr 2016
32,106 posts
  •  
Toks
Ran 4 miler this morning with all the heavy backpack for the 50 miler too and mighty hill 😳😳😳 not too bad and survived lol, close than close now 😳😳😳
Apr 2016
7:28pm, 4 Apr 2016
4,420 posts
  •  
Wooters
Hello all

Back from Paris and I'm sorry to say I failed in my attempt for sub 3:30. Learned lots from the race and will be trying again in autumn. First time doing a big city race and I can honestly say I didn't like it, far too crowded for me, was annoyed at the staggered start for the 3:30 runners, I swear three 3:30 pacers started before the side I was on was allowed to go.

The feed stations were well stocked, I only wish the others runners could've controlled themselves and not ran straight to them as soon as they saw them, it's not like the station wasn't long enough, I had people run straight across me at every one regardless of where I was on the road which as you can imagine is rather annoying to say the least.

Apart from the crowds and fucktards at water stations I was doing well till about mile 18 then it all went very wrong, the heat and fighting through the crowds did me in and after that in my head I was not going to get under 3:30, I tried to pick it up a few miles later but I'd already lost in my head so it was no good. On the plus side my mate got a 3:02 which was a great result :)

Next time I will succeed. Happy running all :-)
Apr 2016
8:06pm, 4 Apr 2016
5,630 posts
  •  
Watford Wobble
Sorry to hear that Wooters. Where do you think your next attempt will be?

I dislike large city marathons for those reasons you mention. I seem to have performed my best at small club events. Not that I ever did many.

I've had better days. My knees are a little on the sore side today.
Apr 2016
8:15pm, 4 Apr 2016
4,422 posts
  •  
Wooters
Thanks WW. I will do large city marathons again but next time I will be starting 3:15 minimum!

I have two choices for my next, Hull in Sep (home mara, well London is but I'm northern now) or York in Oct, both are flat and well supported. My mate is doing Hull so I'll probably go for it there but York was my first and I really ant to have a good race/result there.
Apr 2016
8:26pm, 4 Apr 2016
5,631 posts
  •  
Watford Wobble
I use to go to Victoria Docks, Hull on work duty. It had some interesting pubs just outside. I seem to recall one being called Lady Grey or something like that.

I wasn't keen on York with those out and backs.

Go for it at Hull.
Apr 2016
9:05pm, 4 Apr 2016
3,971 posts
  •  
Jono.
I have drunk in the lady grey :-)

Manchester's as big a marathon as I want to get woofers
Apr 2016
9:14pm, 4 Apr 2016
1,831 posts
  •  
Wazelle
PANIC. prospect of no running all week. I left my shoes behind in the Smoke so raced out of work into the nearest shoe shop in the Shire, Sports Direct. Came out with a pair of Skechers - which were the only ones that fitted and have taken them for a spin - like bouncing on air.

My daughter did Amsterdam marathon. I might do that one day.
Apr 2016
10:18pm, 4 Apr 2016
4,424 posts
  •  
Wooters
Hello Wazelle, Amsterdam is on my list to do before I'm 40 so I have a little over 5 years to get good enough to give it a proper go.

Jono. For now I'm going to stick to nothing bigger than a few thousand runners until I can start nearer the front, then I'll give a big city one a go again.

Watford Wobble, I don't mind the out and backs, I quite like seeing the elites running past and giving them a cheer. I've never been out drinking in Victoria Docks despite being up here two years now.
Apr 2016
5:25am, 5 Apr 2016
32,107 posts
  •  
Toks
Morning and off for 5k run and then rest rest rest rest till sdw50
Apr 2016
5:26am, 5 Apr 2016
3,972 posts
  •  
Jono.
mind you wooters its not like you're a shit runner - but I appreciate your sentiments when you've set the bar to achieve a time in a race / event.

6 for me this morning - glad J Jnr woke up at 03.12 this morning, found that my phone had died and wouldn't have woken me up at 4.

went and set the mrk I alarm clock for 4

be good

About This Thread

Maintained by Huntsman
1500 miles in 2016 thread (which is 28.69 miles per week). Everyone welcome to join in with the thread's wonderful chat and inevitable march across the 1500 mile finish line. Join the group then set your yearly mileage target to 1500 to be included in the monthly round ups.

Group: http://www.fetcheveryone.com/groups-view.php?id=1215

Mileage Table: http://www.fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1500

Our New Leaders -

2017 the year of Team Jigs

All the best for next year Mrs Jigs and Jigs :-)

The Threads Motto

'99% Drivel and We Love It'

Monthly Round Ups

January - Huntsman :-)
February - Neilio :-)
March - MzG :-)
April - RichHNoel :-)
May - Watford Wobble :-)
June - Doc Moye :-)
July - Jigs :-)
August - jabberknit :-)
September - Watford Wobble :-)
October - Garfield :-)
November - IanS :-)

December - Huntsman

If any of you lovely people would like an important/targeted race included in the header then let me know.

Major Target -

1000 pages EASY EASY EASY
DONE BY 22nd December

TARGET races for 2017

January

15th Brass Monkey Half - Neilio
29th Les Croupiers Handicap 10 mile Time Trial - jennyh

February

26th Pontypool 10K - jennyh

March

5th Cambridge Half - Doc
5th Newport Half - jennyh