4 lurkers | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 728.8
Nov 2022
12:44pm, 26 Nov 2022
9,625 posts
  •  
hillstrider
How did you get on LL?

Today's park run was nearly 4 minutes slower than usual, and I was "moaning" that it was an awfully slow time. Thankfully, one of my buddies tactfully reminded me that I did the Oakhaven 10 miles multi terrain race on Sunday, the pyramid session on Wednesday and 10k road run on Thursday!! I'm no longer "Iron Man!" 🤣
Nov 2022
1:47pm, 26 Nov 2022
3,004 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
I was a bit disappointed with mine too and don’t have all your excuses. 🤣
It’s my local and I’ve not done this one since April. I felt I was going better and couldn’t have pushed harder so it’s the best I could do.
Nov 2022
2:25pm, 26 Nov 2022
9,628 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Well done anyway LL for giving it your best shot!
Nov 2022
4:09pm, 26 Nov 2022
7,604 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
Well done to you both hs and LL.
I did some parkrun tourism this morning. I've ran the course once before back in May, this morning I ran well and I've beaten last week's SB by 6 seconds. 21.35 this morning, getting closer to my new target of 21.30.
Nov 2022
6:02pm, 26 Nov 2022
3,005 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
That's great FF. I try to get mine under 30 but today's was 30.08 it is under my average of 30.23 which is my next target if I can't manage under 30.

I have to admit that sometimes I run quicker and don't get the time because the course is long and sometimes I get it when I have run slower and the course is short.
Today was a bad day as it was short and I still didn't manage it.
Nov 2022
7:21pm, 26 Nov 2022
7,606 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
I'll admit that the last 2 weeks courses I've ran have come up fractionally short but both have good stretches under trees.
Nov 2022
7:43pm, 26 Nov 2022
9,633 posts
  •  
hillstrider
That's a great time FF.

You were quicker than me today LL.

I usually aim to run 28 something, but today was way over 30, and my second slowest on that course. I start my garmin before I cross the start line, otherwise it comes up short. The course is actually accurate, as it was measured with a wheel, by a qualified measurer, who was my nemesis over the years. The course is 2 laps with lots of bends and 2 bollards to run round. The Garmins measure in straight lines, hence registering less distance.
Nov 2022
9:42am, 27 Nov 2022
5,833 posts
  •  
steve45
Another SB for you FF shows that your training is paying off. Given good conditions and a proper 5k road race (if there are any these days!) I bet you'd run an even faster time.
Not surprised at you finding the park run you did a bit disappointing hs. Not that you are chasing PB's but target times as you know are usually achieved by specific focus/training for a "goal day". As it is you've done several fantastic times this year so one ugh of a park run doesn't take anything away from your true current fitness level!
Long course short course twisty course or whatever, you've been doing well too LL.
After two non run days I enjoyed a 5k trail outing much more than of late. It was very mild, 10c but everywhere saturated after days if rain.
Nov 2022
10:03am, 27 Nov 2022
7,612 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
Thanks hillstrider and Steve.

It took me quite a while to get over the mental issue I had of not being able to run 'fast' after the PF. Once I did try it feels like a switch was flicked and it's been a steady improvement since. I do hope I can get to regular 21** and even 20** but that would be a bigger step than before the PF.
Nov 2022
1:24pm, 27 Nov 2022
19,258 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Wow I disappear for a couple of days and it’s been so busy!

Ev, great to see little runs pop up on my notifications hopefully this slow steady return sees you back at it properly soon.

Lesley hope the Covid symptoms are easing

There’s been some excelling running, sounds like a great time in Ireland LL well done on intervals and you’re so close to you target pr too.

As are you FF - another SB whoop!

hs you must be so chuffed with your 2nd in age category esp as the first is a fair bit younger!

And still some consistent running Steve.

I have to confess I don’t enter races, I enter events. I am def more fussy about what I enter these days as they are so expensive esp if you’re travelling for them too. Much prefer adventuring with friends these days biggest issue is a few friends are new to running so wanting to enter races with me joining them. I did win a free race entry to a Rasslebrock event on an instagram competition, they do 6hr events as many miles as you can manage so maybe April/May will be a good test for the foot.

I went out with my friend yesterday we did 7.5m trying to work out a way around some woodland it was lovely and we had a great time. I’m 15m short of the 100 this month so I need to put some effort in to get there it is achievable (just) then my op is looming a week Tuesday. I am hopeful I’ll hit my revised target if 1275 for the year it was looking unlikely but I’ve had a bit of a push this week.

I really need to get some focus on getting the house sorted before I’m incapacitated.

Have a good Sunday I may sneak out for a couple of miles if I can.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000