1000 miles in 2024

4 lurkers | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 726.0
1 Jun
9:23am, 1 Jun 2024
6,917 posts
  •  
steve45
Keeping sarcopenia well at bay hs. Unfortunately a lot of people don't appreciate that to maintain strength muscles have to be used, yeah ..leave the trolley behind!
Autumnal run FF?! Blimey you must have had a chill in the air there! You did a great run as usual.
All well thanks after my minor tumble, no bruises or aches. Lucky it was on the soggy ground. I laughed directly afterwards because of my immediate expletive as I was hitting the floor! Not to be repeated here!!
4.3 miles with torey today on what here was a perfect June, summery morning . Luckily she's ok dialling back to walk/run with me now and again.
1 Jun
12:13pm, 1 Jun 2024
15,189 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Well done Steve for your 4.3 miles this morning with torey. It's good that she runs/walks with you now and again.

It was a lovely sunny morning, but with a slightly chilly wind. We did the Bartley Park parkrun which had more runners than usual, probably because the Brockenhurst parkrun was cancelled. I was a bit disappointed with my 29.39, but came 77th out of 137, and 1stAG. My age grade position was 14th out of 137.
1 Jun
1:40pm, 1 Jun 2024
22,493 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Definitely chilly in FF’s part of the world I had a very damp and blustery run yesterday (we made the boat this weekend but can’t get her out as the river flow is too strong) I did a 14m run ended off having to loop out further than intended thanks to the cows right in my path. I tried to go past them but they all stood up. No thanks!

I thought of you and your farmers walks hs as I opted to collect some shopping from Aldi on the route back utilising my back pack. Well done on your extra heavy shop and you’re right Steve to stay good we have to use our muscles.

Then today been out for an interval session biggest yet with 10 x 2/1 tried to keep consistent in pace as advised by FF I was a bit closer in the later intervals by being conscious thanks for the advice I’ll work on it.

Cup of tea, lunch then we’ll go out with Ellie still cold and blustery but so far dry. (Typical as home is half decent this weekend)

Have a good weekend
1 Jun
4:27pm, 1 Jun 2024
11,920 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
Chilly day again in the east GG. Shame you're unable to take the boat out. Well done for your interval reps but don't take any notice of what I say or suggest because I know nothing and certainly haven't taken a course to give training advice. ;-)
1 Jun
11:05pm, 1 Jun 2024
22,498 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
You are the pacing ninja! And it kept me focused so I’m attributing this to you… trying may not last
2 Jun
12:02am, 2 Jun 2024
11,923 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
😂😂 My interval reps are generally awful, I look at my watch way too much. Too fast! I slow down, usually too much so I speed up again and then repeat many times 🤦‍♂️ My pacing over a distance isn't too bad now but that's taken me 10 years to achieve the consistency.
2 Jun
9:35am, 2 Jun 2024
6,920 posts
  •  
steve45
Your Bartley time was quite what you've often done there hs and maintaining your fitness over the years. Getting under 30 minutes with such a crowd was excellent.
Back to impressive distance gg. Very wise to avoid cows which can be dangerous when they take a dislike to intruders in their field. Well done on the intervals too.
At some point, if my new medication works, I might try some awful intervals! They certainly work for you FF!
What a fabulous sunny calm and warm morning here. Perfect running conditions and run/walking conditions as well. Quite happy with my 3.3 miles which took in some trail along the river bank.
2 Jun
11:02am, 2 Jun 2024
15,194 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Well done GG for your interval session.

FF, I have input my interval workouts onto my Garmin, ie distance, recovery, number of reps etc. The alerts take out all the guess work.

Thanks Steve, I suppose that my parkrun times are fairly consistent, but do, of course, vary according to the various parkrun venues.

I hope that your new medication does work, enabling you to try intervals etc.

Well done for this mornings 3.3 miles along the river bank.

This morning was a solo hilly road run of 4.10 miles. Garmin Connect advised that I was overreaching and recommended 3 rest days. I don't normally take any notice of its comments, but think that I might take tomorrow off 🤔
2 Jun
11:34am, 2 Jun 2024
22,499 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
I also load my intervals in the watch I really enjoy them as they mix up what I’m doing and I’m always waiting for the beeping to switch what I’m doing.

Rest day today garmin says I need to recover and on the podcasts the top runners say recovery is where the magic happens. I need more magic in my life!

Coach Karen is out doing the Suffolk Backyard Ultra they’re on lap 24 aka 100m by the end. She is being pretty consistent and I’m hoping she manages to get her GB title back. It’s been addictive watching even when I woke up through the night.

Well done on your run hs, garmin will be shocked two of us listening to it.

Fingers crossed for the meds Steve.
2 Jun
11:48am, 2 Jun 2024
11,926 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
My watch is programmed for intervals too hillstrider but it's the pace I run them at that varies.
Good luck with the meds Steve and I hope they work wonders for you.
A mere 13.5 miles this morning with a fast finish because I was going to be late home if I didn't. Mainly road but some farm track, farm fields and overgrown grass paths, including a few stops to negotiate nettles, grrr.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000