1000 miles in 2024

54 watchers
Par by the end of today is 432.9
9 May
10:21am, 9 May 2024
22,252 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Welcome EdGreig that is some wish list and I hope the cold clears up so you can get on with your targets. A sub 3 is a half for me!!

Haha thank you Looby Loo it is a special kind of run in the heat isn’t it. I wish I was there though!

Hope the calf settles Dave_K I get issues with my left calf from time to time
9 May
11:11am, 9 May 2024
15,077 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Welcome back EdGreig, you definitely rack up the miles. I hope that you soon recover from your cold.

Steve, I hope that you are recovering.

This morning was a 4.2 miles solo, hilly recovery road run, but pushing the pace on the up and down hills.
9 May
11:25am, 9 May 2024
3,814 posts
  •  
Lesley C
Welcome back EdGreig.

Hope the calf gets better soon Dave.

How are you feeling Steve?

Enjoy your run LL and welcome back to the UK when you get home.

That present looks lovely GG, very thoughtful.

I was out with the club on Tuesday, the session wasn't what I wanted it to be and the organisation was a shambles. I did get some intervals in but was a little disheartened when the leaders paid no attention to the beginner who was struggling and didn't care about the comments I made afterwards - mainly the warm-up pace was far too fast for the majority of the group. Been a little annoyed with the club since I stepped down as leader in March, just not what it was.

I was out early doors this morning with a few of the ladies (and doggies) for a loop that we do regularly. we had quite a bit of rain last night so the paths were pretty muddy and it's finally warming up.
9 May
11:19pm, 9 May 2024
4,270 posts
  •  
Mrsbridgewater
A PM from steve45 has reminded me that I have neglected this list again!

I am not even going to pretend that I have read all the messages I have missed (sorry) but thought I should update you!

My training plan was going brilliantly until I found myself ill in bed on the Wednesday before Copenhagen. I took the rest of the week off work - because I was so ill that it took me FOREVER to set all my cover lessons - and thankfully felt well enough to get a late flight to Copenhagen on Friday.

I was happily reading my book and doing my knitting when the drinks trolley rolled out of its storage bag and bashed in to the side of my leg! Ouch!

Not the best prep - but by Sunday it was a dull ache so off to run a marathon I went. The ache didn’t get worse for the first half and I was in for a comfortably sub 4 hour marathon (my target time was 3.49 but having been ill I wasn’t pushing it). Then I didn’t see a bloody speed bump - and jarred my knee on it…. That slowed me right down! Finished in 4.05.42 just before the heavens opened and I got drenched while trying to get back to pick up my race bag!

Lovely marathon - clever route with lots of loopy repeats - in a fabulous city!
9 May
11:58pm, 9 May 2024
22,257 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Oh my MrsB they say they come in 3’s but to be still on target after being so poorly is fantastic and without the other 2 issues I’m sure you’d have smashed your goal

Well done for persevering and good luck for the next one.
10 May
9:49am, 10 May 2024
15,084 posts
  •  
hillstrider
That's such a shame Lesley that the leaders at your club interval session were so inconsiderate of the beginner. He/she will obviously be disheartened, and may well leave the club and give up.

Well done for yesterday mornings early run.

Well done MrsB for such a determined marathon performance, whilst recovering from illness and an achey leg!

A lovely sunny morning, and I've completed the usual Friday Farmers Walk, which seemed heavier than usual. I just about managed it without having to put the bags down.
10 May
1:54pm, 10 May 2024
11,763 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
That doesn't sound very good of the club trainers Lesley C.
Oh dear Mrsbridgewater that's not the best prep but well done for completing the marathon.
Good cross training again hillstrider
I've been a bit busy again with life stuff, I've been trying to read the posts but not had time to post. Having had a week away I've managed 3 runs this week of 14, 9 and a 6 miler this morning. The weather has certainly improved over the last week, phew this morning was warm.
10 May
4:46pm, 10 May 2024
6,875 posts
  •  
steve45
Wow to being able to do ultras on what seems like minimal training EdGreig. Good luck on maintaining your fitness.
Lovely reminder of your Jordan jaunt gg.
Look after that calf Dave_K..
Back home to some warm days here LL , been a long time down there in the southern hemisphere.
Good training as always hs, I rather like your new input of wading!!
Too many ego chasers in some group situations Lesley, pity that club sessions can be spoiled like that.
Fine marathon Mrsb despite the unexpected handicaps.
Good to see you back with good miles FF.
My lurgy lingers and set me back a few days of walk/ running. Still, knocked out three miles today in fabulous weather. Hope to be back in routine now. Thanks for the best wishes everyone.
10 May
8:29pm, 10 May 2024
1,032 posts
  •  
Dave_K
Well done MrsB. 4.05 is still a good marathon 🙂
Thanks everyone for your kind words. Calf has eased a bit. Will try a decent run tomorrow
11 May
10:01am, 11 May 2024
6,878 posts
  •  
steve45
A five miler this morning in wonderful sunshine. Too far really and I hacked well , far better than how I ran!!

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000