1000 miles in 2024

6 lurkers | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 728.8
20 Apr
7:38pm, 20 Apr 2024
1,021 posts
  •  
Dave_K
Absolutely delighted with 8:31 at the Forth Ultra today.
Sunshine, no wind, a great course & super organisers. 😀
21 Apr
7:24am, 21 Apr 2024
6,832 posts
  •  
steve45
Thanks FF.
What a park run hs in windy conditions! Great WAVA. Blimey, you were "up there" when you were 47 getting that 3.12.

Fantastic ultra outcome Dave_K. The gods were on your side too with the weather! Well done. Now...recover well.
21 Apr
10:09am, 21 Apr 2024
22,188 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Sorry I missed sending good run wishes yesterday Dave but great result well done!

Well done on parkrun hs amazing effort and I am always happy with around 5.5hr marathon I’ve accepted I’ll never be fast. I’ve tried too many years to get into London that I refuse to enter now. I am tempted to do the unofficial reverse night marathon I’d have done it this year had it not clashed with Jordan.

Talking of which I did a 10m yesterday with a friend in full heat kit - thermal long sleeve top, heated gilet & waterproof jacket + loaded backpack. It was tough! We stopped at 7m for a brew and cheese scone aka aid station. Lovely run but going somewhere else 2.5hr run took 4hr out of my day.

Bag pretty much packed

Just to fill car up and get my passport photo done and hopefully an early night after 2 failed attempts. Can’t believe it’s here.
21 Apr
11:28am, 21 Apr 2024
6,833 posts
  •  
steve45
It's upon you already gg! Well done on your 10 miles, enjoy the trip and the run of course.
21 Apr
2:55pm, 21 Apr 2024
14,963 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Well done Dave, an excellent time 👏

Thanks Steve, I felt really strong during yesterday's parkrun and was able to push into the wind.

I applied for entry to the London Marathon GG, for the first 3 years without success, so decided not to bother again. In later years I was offered "good for age" entries, but had lost interest.

Well done for yesterday's 10 miles and best of luck with Jordan.

This morning was a nice chatty, easy pace forest run with a running friend, who didn't parkrun yesterday. It was just 3.26 miles as we wanted to get back to watch the London Marathon.
21 Apr
3:00pm, 21 Apr 2024
1,022 posts
  •  
Dave_K
Thanks everyone. Had a great day.

Good luck GG 😀
21 Apr
3:29pm, 21 Apr 2024
3,785 posts
  •  
Lesley C
Well done Dave, awesome time for the distance.

Good miles everyone and well done on your Parkrun HS.

Enjoy GG!

I am getting better, still got a bit of a cough. I did 8 miles yesterday including Parkrun. Should have done less but my legs fell fine today. This time next Sunday I hope to be crossing a finish line! Bib arrived on Thursday, it's exciting.
22 Apr
8:40am, 22 Apr 2024
6,835 posts
  •  
steve45
3.26 miles in the forest sounds a pleasant type of run hs. I watched bits of the London Marathon too, good to see a couple of UK male athletes doing quite well but overall I find watching it a bit tedious these days with so few UK elites. I think they've all dialled down to do park runs😂!! Great to see Bekele do so well though and the first four women battling it out.

Hard to believe that Steve Jones was doing 2.08 in the 1980's in Reebok racing shoes without stacked cushioning or carbon plates!
5.1 miles this morning on absolutely dry trails, out by 6am and I had the world near enough to myself.
22 Apr
8:41am, 22 Apr 2024
6,836 posts
  •  
steve45
Sorry, missed that you'd done a good 8 miler Lesley , well done and looking good for the 15 miler.
22 Apr
12:04pm, 22 Apr 2024
14,968 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Thanks Lesley. It's good to hear that you are feeling better now and ran 8 miles on Saturday, including a parkrun. This should stand you in good stead for next Sundays race.

Yesterday's run was pleasant Steve, with no pressure.

I'm also finding watching the London Marathon a bit boring, with our athletes being hardly shown/mentioned throughout the broadcast. I agree about Steve Jones, but what would Paula have achieved 🤔

Well done for this mornings 5.1 miles on trails.

I ran 8 miles in the forest this morning with the Monday Group. It is drying out now, but some parts are still flooded.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000