100 miles a month in 2023

64 watchers
Monthly par by the end of today is 100.0
Apr 2023
9:19am, 6 Apr 2023
46,227 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Slow running in the rain is nice Gobi. I think the problem isn't the rain, the problem is you run too fast. ;-) ;-) :-) G
Apr 2023
9:22am, 6 Apr 2023
34,858 posts
  •  
Sushi.
But not quite fast enough to dodge the rain drops
Apr 2023
9:22am, 6 Apr 2023
79,655 posts
  •  
Gobi
Hahahhahaa

I have never in my life uttered the words

Oh I enjoyed that run in the rain

At ANY pace or with ANY company no matter how much I like the person.

Tolerate when I have to but never enjoy

:-)
Apr 2023
9:40am, 6 Apr 2023
46,229 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
My first ever blog on Fetch, Aug 2008 fetcheveryone.com/blog-share.php?id=97386

A couple of lovely running experiences this week - Sunday I had been cooped up in the airport for a few hours, seeing my son off (he's 11 and he flies unaccompanied back home to the Isle of Lewis and I have to wait in the airport until the flight actually leaves, so was there about 3 hours in all; was also feeling a bit sad, as I always do when he goes home). Got home about 7 and was worried that it would be too late to go out for a run. It had been tipping down with rain all day in Edinburgh too.

But I went for it at about 7.30 and it was brilliant. Went up on the Pentlands, which are gorgeous at the best of times. But rain drenched, with late evening sunshine on bright purple heather and a bruised, black and indigo sky as background, well, it really surpassed itself. The lateness of the hour (and the wetness of the rain) meant I had the hills to myself (total body count in an hour and a half was one farmer dipping his sheep and a bird watcher standing stock still with his binoculars - the former gave a cheery hulloo and the latter a friendly nod).

Felt a bit lethargic for the first 15 mins, a mile or so of steady uphill on tarmac path, but then turned off into the hills and even though it's still uphill it just felt like I was floating. I actually found myself doing Bambi like boings over the puddles and streams, with a stupid grin on my face. Just as well there was no one around to see it!

Bambi over the puddles...! :-) G
Apr 2023
9:55am, 6 Apr 2023
1,213 posts
  •  
Hibeedeb
Lovely blog HappyG(rrr)!

i’ve had a lovely run out to Cupar Muir and back. it’s strange being on such narrow roads - i’m too used to canadian roads these days

23.5 for me in total
Apr 2023
10:01am, 6 Apr 2023
79,656 posts
  •  
Gobi
Blogging the Road to Comrades

starts here on or around November the 13th

NOVEMBER 2005 first fetch blog

Read the first few and comments on the cold, my hamstring and my pelvis.

The problems were always there, amazed I managed to run as fast or as far as I did.
Apr 2023
10:21am, 6 Apr 2023
46,232 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Oh are you back in Scotland Hibeedeb? Are you meeting up with any Fetchies while here? We sometimes to a meet up for visitors (or homecomers!) in Scotland? I'll post over on the Scotland runs and runners thread.

Gobi, I get that some people have conditions that make running in cold (which is of course exacerbated by wet) really unpleasant and even dangerous. Wasn't trying to make light of that at all. I'm just lucky, that if covered up adequately, cold and wet don't bother me. But I understand for others that may not be case. :-) G
3M
Apr 2023
10:36am, 6 Apr 2023
20,985 posts
  •  
3M
I cut short my 13 miles to 12 miles today! All 4 seasons in a couple of hours, I'm with Gobi on my opinion on the rain!

30/100.
Apr 2023
10:38am, 6 Apr 2023
63,262 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
Also not fond of running in the rain. You can take your "refreshing" and "invigorating" and "makes me feel ALIVE" and stick it up your moon as far as I'm concerned. I've done it, and just got cold and wet.

(It's not raining here just now.)
Apr 2023
10:39am, 6 Apr 2023
46,234 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Ah, perhaps I'm in a minority of 1 then. That's actually not uncommon! :-O

I like running in the sun too. And snow. Not keen on ice on tarmac, nor on strong winds. I'm not completely mad! :-) G

About This Thread

Maintained by Ness
Exactly what the title says. A thread for if you’re targeting 💯 a month.

fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=R&mileage=1200

And the Centurions League......

fetcheveryone.com/league-centurions.php

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.