What really grinds your gears?

1 lurker | 179 watchers
18 Jun
2:52pm, 18 Jun 2024
5,803 posts
  •  
Ally-C
Hand washing things in train toilets. Soap on the hands then no matter where I place them, no water comes out, drives me fucking mental 😡
18 Jun
3:00pm, 18 Jun 2024
3,862 posts
  •  
cackleberry
ChrisHB wrote:People who punctuate their discourse with "does that make sense?" I suppose though it's better than "nar mean?"

Depends on the context... sometimes it's because it's tricky to explain and I'm aware I'm making a meal of it. Sometimes it's "Does that make sense (or are you just thick?)"
18 Jun
5:08pm, 18 Jun 2024
23,114 posts
  •  
ChrisHB
but not if it's in every other sentence!
18 Jun
6:52pm, 18 Jun 2024
7,516 posts
  •  
Metro_Nome
There is a senior leader in my business who has a bit of a tick when she’s not so confident and says “d’you know what I mean” every other word. It’s hard not to say “I don’t know what you mean because all you’ve said is d’you know what I mean”

That said, I (and many other women!) use “if that makes sense” as a bit of self preservation
18 Jun
7:04pm, 18 Jun 2024
86,539 posts
  •  
Diogenes
Brambles
18 Jun
9:40pm, 18 Jun 2024
18,797 posts
  •  
JamieKai *chameleon*
The mixture of eczema, flaky forehead, hay-fever, and contact lenses that my senses are battling about tonight.
19 Jun
6:17am, 19 Jun 2024
10,282 posts
  •  
HunkyTeddy
Making jokes about how much alcohol Scotland fans are drinking. A great example for families.
19 Jun
1:45pm, 19 Jun 2024
69,489 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
"Anything is possible when you put your mind to it." Followed by an outline of Anya Culling's marathon progression as proof. And the knowledge that you're likely to be booted out of a generally quite nice online running group if you point out that the first statement is a lie and the second is a non sequitur.
19 Jun
6:34pm, 19 Jun 2024
11,090 posts
  •  
Eynsham Red
A neighbour has just has a new patio laid. The contractors have just finished clearing out and on the pile of rubble on the road they broke the remaining unused paving slabs and ripped open five bags of paving sand and added the contents to the pile.

Obviously a degree of guilt there as they covered up the sand with rubble to try to disguise it.

But what an absolute waste of materials!
um
19 Jun
9:29pm, 19 Jun 2024
8,583 posts
  •  
um
ER - I've been surprised how many 'jobbing builders' just work and source supplies job to job. No 'spare' or buffer stock, and any left over gets dumped at the end. I've since made sure I keep any useful things at the end of anything done for me.

(although my collection of timber, bricks, grab bags, and other odds and ends may outlive me)

About This Thread

Maintained by Corrah
A forum to sound off about what really grinds your gears.