8:59am, 1 Aug 2024
69,083 posts
  •  
LindsD
Swim: 0.6
Bike: 11
Run: 9

DVD extras: possible place in Royal Parks Half Oct 13th eek

Weeping small tears at my awful month. Am also fat. Send help.

[OH hopefully comes off his crutches tomorrow so things should improve]
1 Aug
10:39am, 1 Aug 2024
76,049 posts
  •  
GlennR
Ooh. Sausage time. I’ll wave mine later.

Morning all.
1 Aug
10:40am, 1 Aug 2024
81,499 posts
  •  
Gobi
Morning all

Run 9:35:40 64.9
Bike 35:29:48 505.6
Karate etc 41:03:14
Total 86:08:42

Rest days none
Races - 2 - mtb pairs in a very muddy area and had back issues - ouch!!!!
Cat 234 crit - got destroyed while putting out good numbers - ouch !!

DVD extras

Holidays - 1 - got some great miles in

Got a new GPS from Coros which so far is awesome

New Coros arm band HRM , just curious really
Diets started - 1 - plan is to race CX at what is normally my summer weight, as I never made my summer weight in the summer it is an interesting challenge
Random foot injuries 1

Rounding up

Was looking forward to doing a few more miles and started well, hurt foot randomly on holiday and have barely run in the last 2 weeks. Holiday has brought me some fabulous outdoor miles including my longest ride this year(Miles, Time and Climbing). Keeping with a theme I have continued to struggle with my weight which has brought back pain so having returned from holiday I am motivated.

Watch this space :¬)
1 Aug
10:44am, 1 Aug 2024
5,204 posts
  •  
JustCommando!
I hear you Linds, my trouble being sciatica, GC having a shoulder op and me having a tummy bug rather than what you've had to contend with. Sending sympathy, help a bit more tricky! Hope OH is getting on ok, good news about getting off the crutches.

Swim - 0.6. ish. Forgot my watch but it's supposed to be a KM loop.

Bike - 2.3 Yes that is where the decimal point goes, it was just picking up the car from MOT.

Run 13.7 - none since the 6th though.

Yoga 4hrs22.
Fat - I don't dare.

Probably canning my half on 13/9. A small jog attempt during a dog walk yesterday shows that the hamstring immediately tightens. Can walk. So have walked about the normal amount.

walk 76.6
August likely to be mostly recovery too, but must find the motivation to swim and LHTUAPTBDA, within reason.
1 Aug
10:49am, 1 Aug 2024
5,205 posts
  •  
JustCommando!
Nice stuff Gobi
At least there's triathlon on the iPlayer while I work.

Questions - watching the women, very few of them seem to bilaterally breathe in the swim. Is it not a thing for elites? Also no tri bars, even little stubby ones. Presume it's just too twisty turny a course to bother?
1 Aug
10:57am, 1 Aug 2024
12,712 posts
  •  
lammo
Well some of you have seen or heard this elsewhere, but i had quite a good cycling start to July, and decided i was up to joining one of the cycling clubs slower groups last Saturday. (It's relatively hilly routes).

This week the coffee stop was just over halfway round, it was excellent, the sausage roll i had really was first class.

Anyway, to cut a long story short as we were leaving and approaching the road we had to cross i unclipped my left foot as i always do, then realised i wasn't quite balanced correctly and was going to the right, couldn't do anything about it to put out my arm to stop my fall.

Hit the ground, laughed, got up and back on my bike, nothing really hurt so thought i was OK. Head didn't hit the ground, bike fine, off we go.

It quickly became apparent i wasn't OK, and my right elbow was very painful, i could put much weight on it all and it was painful to change gears.

17 miles later, and coming up to 40 all told we rolled back in to the club. Normally i ride up a steep hill home about 4 miles, but i just couldn't face it, so thank fully got a lift home.

Shortly after complaining to mrs lammo i had a shower and realised i just couldn't do some of the things i needed to do.

So, was duly dropped at Wexham Park A&E, whilst they went to Go Ape. I was out within 4 hours, and the conclusion was that i had 2 fractures very close to the elbow joint, one above and one below, and my xrays were going to be reviewed to ensure i didn't need an operation.

I'm not to lift anything heavier than a cup tea for 6 weeks, and obviously i am right handed.

Good news is in and i won't need an op, and the upper fracture is relatively minor and won't complicate things.

I've been complemented previously on my bike handling skills by some very competent riders, and haven't fallen off a bike for probably 40+ years, so not sure what happened.

Anyway it could have been worse, be careful out there.

About This Thread

Maintained by GregP
The Hotel Bastardos Tri Club.
You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Coming up:

21 Sept 24
* Bishops Cleeve HC (PropGobi)

22 Sept 24
* WMCCL Rnd 3 (CXGobi)

28 Sept 24
* NDCXL Rnd 2 (CXGobi)

29 Sept 24
* WMCCL Rnd 4 (CXGobi)
* RC Tets v LSRG (Raering to go)

03 Oct 24
* Saturn Midweek Chasing Numbers (DrLinds)

05 Oct 24
* National Trophy Rnd1 (OutofmyDepthCXGobi)

06 Oct 24
* Monsal HC (OutofmyDepthPropGobi)
* CL Cheetahs v RC Tets (Raelight my fire)

12 Oct 24
* 2024 Men's VinFast IRONMAN World Championship in Kailua-Kona, Hawai`i (TRO)

13 Oct 24
* RC Tets v URC (Get Raedy to rumble)

20 Oct 24
* Cabbage Patch 10 (DrLinds)

27 Nov 24
* Northolt 10k (DrLinds)

03 Nov
* Guy Fawkes 5 (LazDa)

10 Nov 24
* RC Wageningen v RC Tets (Raemembrance day)

17 November 24
* RC Tets v The Bassets (Take my breath aRae)

01 Dec 24
* Lady Wasps v RC Tets (Raege Against The Machine)

15 Dec 24
* RC Tets v Big Zwingeloo (a Rae in a manger)

---------------------------------
POTM: Rae 11,918 on p20,397 (last updated 18/07/24)

Twitter: @tribastardos
---------------------------------
The Hotel Bastardos.

With just a hint of pesto aioli.

Since 2007.