Cats in Boxes

13 lurkers | 97 watchers
Apr 2022
2:29pm, 2 Apr 2022
1,533 posts
  •  
poppyH
Napoleon (Po-Po) was keeping an eye on the pigeons when I got up for parkrun this morning. He still holds me responsible for the cold weather.

Apr 2022
2:32pm, 2 Apr 2022
1,692 posts
  •  
Ally-C
My neighbour paid £400 for a common or garden moggy kitten during lockdown🙀
Apr 2022
2:58pm, 2 Apr 2022
12,859 posts
  •  
Little Nemo
Napoleon looks very majestic :-)

I think Hester cost me around £80 from a local charity. Like others on here she was chipped and neutered so I consider her a bit of a bargain.

Worth every penny even if she is an absolute madam! ;-)
Apr 2022
5:17pm, 2 Apr 2022
1,536 posts
  •  
poppyH
We also paid £80 4 years ago for Napoleon. £40 15 years ago for our previous cat. Both rescues.
Apr 2022
5:26pm, 2 Apr 2022
3,982 posts
  •  
ndellar
Bit late to this but ours were £80 each in Jan and the rescue did their chipping and jabs.
Apr 2022
6:32pm, 2 Apr 2022
16,607 posts
  •  
Garfield
I found one of my neighbours taking his dog and cat out for a walk...dog on lead, cat didn't need to be on a lead and was just exploring about while staying near to them.
Apr 2022
7:35pm, 2 Apr 2022
1,024 posts
  •  
Tazsedai
£50 each for our pair a few years ago, they need to be fed, vet checked etc whilst in the process of rehoming so not a problem to cover that cost.

We were rather surprised when we ended up with a brother-sister Bengal pair, they are v expensive to buy (although, I do think ours are a bengal mix).
Apr 2022
7:44pm, 2 Apr 2022
87,835 posts
  •  
Hanneke
I was told £185 10 years ago. I did want a young cat though, older ones were £85...
Then the came and checked my living situation and rejected me 😱😱😱 because: my chapel is all open plan so the cat had "nowhere to go" errrrrrr???
So I ended up buying Lasya, big pedigree, from a breeder... She absolutely LOVED the fact that I had nowhere to hide from her. She cannot be locked out of my bedroom or into a utility room. She haa the run of the whole house, including a high vantage point on the mezzanine, looking down into the double height sitting area. If anything, I am the one "suffering" as I cannot get away from her 😎
Apr 2022
8:59pm, 2 Apr 2022
12,860 posts
  •  
Little Nemo
I also had a home visit to make sure I wasn't lying about where I was living. Luckily we'd already had the cat flap fitted and a fenced in garden so we passed. I hadn't thought about Hester having somewhere to go. Her favourite "safe place" is under the sofa :-)
Apr 2022
11:30pm, 2 Apr 2022
5,512 posts
  •  
quimby
I had a home visit by FaceTime - it was after lockdown, but they were still using virtual visits. I did wonder whether they might say something about the treadmill in the lounge, but they were fine with that. Moon has shown no interest in the treadmill whatsoever. We paid £100 for his rehoming from the RSPCA.

I did once see a cat on a lead, in Southport some years ago. It wasn't very happy about it.

About This Thread

Maintained by Corrah
All the cat people out there know that cats love boxes, so go on then and lets see you feline friend. Boxes optional :) This is the cat appreciation thread along with Miaow, Purr, Yawn!