•  
GlennR
Tilly at her most ladylike:

21 Oct
7:16pm, 21 Oct 2024
5,996 posts
  •  
Minnie Mad
Stripey had his jabs this morning. He sulked for a while but he’s feeling better now.
21 Oct
9:06pm, 21 Oct 2024
304 posts
  •  
DrMags
With a belly like that (Tilly), who’d not want to show it off 🤭
24 Oct
11:18am, 24 Oct 2024
1,177 posts
  •  
Peregrinator
independent.co.uk
Difficult research, but probably needed.....
jda
24 Oct
11:33am, 24 Oct 2024
17,981 posts
  •  
jda
In less happy news:

theguardian.com

"Number of abandoned cats soars by more than 30% in UK"

We've certainly had a few, though true abandonment is a small proportion of our intake.
24 Oct
11:59am, 24 Oct 2024
7,251 posts
  •  
Ally-C
The cat I offered to adopt a fortnight ago is still without a home to go to.
24 Oct
4:18pm, 24 Oct 2024
58,557 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
I'm trapped

Poor teddy isn't happy

Mum facetimed the other night as she wanted to see him
He was really confused being able to hear her but not find her 😥
24 Oct
4:31pm, 24 Oct 2024
2,947 posts
  •  
Jen HB
jda wrote:In less happy news: theguardian.com "Number of abandoned cats soars by more than 30% in UK" We've certainly had a few, though true abandonment is a small proportion of our intake.

I know the one I got Tilly from (Cat Patrol) is also overwhelmed (also with loads of kittens). Please, please neuter your pets! [Yes, I know this probably isn't the target audience for that message]
jda
24 Oct
4:44pm, 24 Oct 2024
17,985 posts
  •  
jda
I have 10 late-season kittens to collect next week....all 2nd litters in the year. Hoping we'll be able to neuter the mothers this time!

Mother with litter of 3 had previously scarpered and couldn't be caught when we picked up her first litter, no-one's fault there, we assumed she had moved away but she's back. Mother with litter of 7(!) had been not dealt with by dopey keeper earlier in spring but she wants us to help this time.... Both mothers are stray/feral, you never know how many generations removed from a pet but not likely to be recent abandonments.

I do wonder whether we'll overflow the demand for cats. Anyone want one, or preferably 3?
24 Oct
7:19pm, 24 Oct 2024
58,565 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
I’m worrying about teddy
He’s definitely upset at his missing mum
I’m giving him love and he sat on my lap for 45 mins earlier but I don’t know what else I can do.
If the worse happens with mum we will adopt him so at least he’s getting to know me
He lost my dad 5 years ago so I expect his thinking mum has gone too 😥

About This Thread

Maintained by Corrah
All the cat people out there know that cats love boxes, so go on then and lets see you feline friend. Boxes optional :) This is the cat appreciation thread along with Miaow, Purr, Yawn!