Cats in Boxes

97 watchers
jda
8:59pm
8:59pm, 24 Oct 2024
17,986 posts
  •  
jda
Cats are very adaptable, I’m sure he will settle in fine with you after a short period of being discombobulated. They seem to have quite an automatic response to food and affection. One cat in particular who had been with an old lady for a long time was really sullen when we took him away but was complete happy in his new home in a couple of months.

We’ve just got Tommy the tiny tomcat (with the ripped throat) back after another failed adoption (and even a stay in the local kennels as no one could take him at all). He was quite unsettled and wary of me for a few days but has just fallen asleep on my lap after dinner for the first time again. His throat is still a bit raw, poor thing.
9:13pm
9:13pm, 24 Oct 2024
7,312 posts
  •  
Ally-C
Is introducing a male cat to a house with a male already in it problematic?
9:35pm
9:35pm, 24 Oct 2024
58,567 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
I think mum will be in hospital for another couple of weeks 😥
My boys aren’t lap cats so it’s nice for me to have a cat on a lap
jda
10:53pm
10:53pm, 24 Oct 2024
17,987 posts
  •  
jda
I'd say it's always a risk introducing adult cats of any gender but can often be managed if they are not too dominant. We don't foster any adults these days (except temporarily in an isolated room, like Tommy is currently).

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Corrah
All the cat people out there know that cats love boxes, so go on then and lets see you feline friend. Boxes optional :) This is the cat appreciation thread along with Miaow, Purr, Yawn!