•  
EvilPixie
It fits I sits!
8 Jan
8:19am, 8 Jan 2024
17,335 posts
  •  
ITG 🇮🇸
Pascal has most certainly worked out how to unlock the cat flap by sliding the switch over. He did it yesterday and Edda went out (for hours) and again last night.

I don't think Edda knows how to get in the cat flap, even though she has the magnet, and since I cannot pick her up and hold her, I don't know how to teach her. She has worked out coming in windows but that is not very secure if no one is home.

Just having a moan. She'll have to learn eventually and hopefully will copy Pascal.
8 Jan
8:20am, 8 Jan 2024
12,006 posts
  •  
leaguefreak
Excellent catting
8 Jan
10:41am, 8 Jan 2024
1,417 posts
  •  
The Pin Lady
Not quite cats in boxed but more 'mouse with box'

theguardian.com
8 Jan
2:33pm, 8 Jan 2024
14,232 posts
  •  
Little Nemo
^^^ Such a cute story! :-)

I used Dreamies to help train Hester but I also had to pick her up and shove her through to really cement the lesson. Not sure if Dreamies on their own would have worked if I had been more patient?
8 Jan
2:45pm, 8 Jan 2024
12,017 posts
  •  
leaguefreak
Bib is a bit intellectually challenged on these things. We started propping the flap open and putting food on the other side. Then open a little way. Just as we got to the point of giving up we lost Bib outside and I spent an hour looking for her so we could shut the window to go out only to discover she had come in through the cat flap and fallen asleep whilst I was fretting.

After that we considered them taught.

Boba does sit on the front step and claim he needs the proper door opening instead of the ridiculous flap thing which is beneath his dignity but he uses the flap fine if nobody is in.
8 Jan
2:46pm, 8 Jan 2024
12,018 posts
  •  
leaguefreak
You can't pick ours up. So that wasn't an option for us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Corrah
All the cat people out there know that cats love boxes, so go on then and lets see you feline friend. Boxes optional :) This is the cat appreciation thread along with Miaow, Purr, Yawn!