Cats in Boxes

1 lurker | 97 watchers
5 Jan
6:37pm, 5 Jan 2024
50,478 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
I think Dio (3) has a lose front tooth

We have noticed his breath has been smell on and off but he is eating as normal so we thought it was change of food as it wasn’t the whole time

Tonight I wrestled the wiggling Dio and looked

His top gum may be a bit pink? And one of the tiny teeth seems lose but he wiggled so much it’s hard to see

Do I take him to the vet (he seems totally ok in himself) or see what happens? I’d have thought if it was hurting he wouldn’t be eating so much and being grumpy but no change at all apart from breath and sticking his tongue out a bit more than normal maybe?
5 Jan
6:42pm, 5 Jan 2024
117,369 posts
  •  
Hanneke
I would gave him checked as flat faced cats (and dogs) can develop issues. He may be breathing through his mouth because his nose is blocked for example. These things are best dealt with before they become a problem! Do you have insurance?
5 Jan
6:48pm, 5 Jan 2024
50,480 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
No insurance

When he had his jab I said to the vet his breath smelt every now and then and she glanced but said he was ok!
5 Jan
6:52pm, 5 Jan 2024
117,373 posts
  •  
Hanneke
Ok, hmmm.
I would monitor him and see if breath smelling coincides with mouth breathing and if you notice nasal congestion of sorts.
I'd help you check this and his teeth but, well... Bit far away!
5 Jan
6:53pm, 5 Jan 2024
117,374 posts
  •  
Hanneke
Do you brush their teeth? This helps with tartar build up. I give Lasya special dental treats since I had to have tartar removed under a GA at vast cost! She has been fine since...
5 Jan
6:58pm, 5 Jan 2024
50,481 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
Never cleaned teeth
He has biccies and meat and meat sticks and never had issues

He’s always done the gormlous look with mouth occasionally open!
5 Jan
8:16pm, 5 Jan 2024
2,618 posts
  •  
RooA
5 Jan
8:17pm, 5 Jan 2024
2,619 posts
  •  
RooA
Meant to share on the thread yesterday.
5 Jan
8:19pm, 5 Jan 2024
11,982 posts
  •  
leaguefreak
I don't clean Bib and Boba's teeth cos I quite like having arms and a face myself.
5 Jan
8:25pm, 5 Jan 2024
50,486 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
We had cats all my childhood and mum and dad always had them
It’s only recently I’ve hear of cleaning cats teeth
It’s always been …. Biccies do that job!

About This Thread

Maintained by Corrah
All the cat people out there know that cats love boxes, so go on then and lets see you feline friend. Boxes optional :) This is the cat appreciation thread along with Miaow, Purr, Yawn!