What minor disaster has befallen you today?

89 watchers
Sep 2023
7:22pm, 8 Sep 2023
6,992 posts
  •  
ThorntonRunner
There's a medieval house near us with a coffee shop and beautiful gardens. As can be seen in the picture below some of the benches in the gardens have gaps and then a shelf next to them

This is so that a wheelchair user can sit with their friends and have somewhere for their coffee :)
Sep 2023
7:23pm, 8 Sep 2023
6,993 posts
  •  
ThorntonRunner
Doh, this is my mi sor disaster - that was meant for what's making you smile thread
Sep 2023
8:14pm, 8 Sep 2023
38,781 posts
  •  
LazyDaisy
I've just discovered that one of my rose bushes is being eaten to a skeleton by rose sawfly caterpillars.
Sep 2023
8:49pm, 8 Sep 2023
3,390 posts
  •  
Lesley C
I bought some cake things from Tesco, my OH pulled the pack out the cupboard and they are 6 dates past the best before date. I didn't bother checking the date when I picked up the pack.
Sep 2023
7:29pm, 9 Sep 2023
38,790 posts
  •  
LazyDaisy
The first two dresses I tried to for going out tonight were both a bit too tight. That's given me the message I needed to hear.
Luckily outfit no.3 is looser and cooler!
Sep 2023
7:40pm, 9 Sep 2023
9,930 posts
  •  
Eynsham Red
I was sat I a queue of at least six cars (and many more behind me) waiting to turn onto a main road.
The driver of car number three in the queue was unaware that the first two cars were parked and had no occupants!
Sep 2023
1:36pm, 10 Sep 2023
38,794 posts
  •  
LazyDaisy
I was just pulling some weeds out of a border unaware that my hair was about to catch on a large cobweb.

Which in turn was home to a very large and scary looking spider 😳
Sep 2023
2:23pm, 10 Sep 2023
81,292 posts
  •  
Diogenes
The ex-display garden furniture we were going to buy had already been sold
Sep 2023
4:14pm, 10 Sep 2023
27,214 posts
  •  
Dvorak
(Drat, Dio :-( )

Rain! Although it would have been a bigger disaster if I'd been organised, given my washing its extra spin, and hung it out.
Sep 2023
6:24pm, 12 Sep 2023
10,864 posts
  •  
Raemond
I ordered three new watch straps for my Suunto from an American company (three because the shipping was as much as a single band, so it turned out to be as good as I anticipated it being I didn't want to have to pay for shipping twice).
I measured the width of my current watch band, and ordered the size advertised as being that same.

It turns out I should have measured the length of the pins, not the width of the band, so my very lovely looking new watch straps have pins too small for my Suunto.

I can take the pins out of the silicone Suunto strap, but they are too thick for the metal pin mount bits on the lovely new straps.

Does anyone want some really lovely stretchy fabric watch straps (made from recycled plastic bottles) with thin, 22mm long, quick change pins?

About This Thread

Maintained by MabelMoonface
SweetPea got a bit giddy whilst playing Articulate and managed to land the chair leg on her toe. The...