•  
mrs shanksi
That'll be great fun Dave!
Jun 2023
8:35pm, 7 Jun 2023
1,012 posts
  •  
Dave_K
Enjoy Dave! Such a great route - the run back down Glen Nevis should be a bit less boggy than normal too, bonus Planning an attempt this Summer?

zp, hopefully an attempt late August, early September
Jun 2023
8:12pm, 13 Jun 2023
5,790 posts
  •  
K5 Gus
So, latest update on Jamie's attempt:

Today is the first day since day 1 that we can do a direct comparison with Donnie's round, as their routes have varied significantly.

Today, day 19 for Jamie, she will shortly summit, then descend Ben Nevis to complete all the Munros south of the Great Glen ( plus the 4 from 1 ). Not sure if she will stop at Fort William, or cycle on this evening up to Lochy Lochy for Meall na Tanga and neighbour.

Donnie reached the same point, ie everything south of the Great Glen, when he came down off the Mamores at 2pm on his day 20, ie Jamie is approx 0.5 day ahead of Donnnie, although 2 days behind her own schedule.

Donnie did some mammoth days at the end of his round, but Jamie's been doing doing mammoth days ( in terms of time, if not as fast as Donnie ) nearly every single day.

I can't fathom how she can continue day after day on so little sleep, she's regularly finishing after 11pm and sometimes 1am or 2am, and in this scorching weather as well, with lots of the burns running low or dried up, then I'm guessing water will have been a problem in some areas.

It just shows that there's more than one way to do such a long challenge, and will be fascinating to see if she can maintain it for another 11 or 12 days.
Jun 2023
8:17pm, 13 Jun 2023
13,064 posts
  •  
57.5 Degrees of Pain
In all other ways the weather must have been a great advantage though. It is only Scottish people who think that these are hot temperatures đŸ˜‰.
Jun 2023
10:22pm, 13 Jun 2023
15,132 posts
  •  
mrs shanksi
She's doing so well! Thanks for the update K5Gus
Jun 2023
8:00am, 15 Jun 2023
3,571 posts
  •  
Ally-C
Off at a tangent.

Carrauntoohil Ireland’s highest. Harder day than the Ben or Scafell Pike.
Jun 2023
10:33am, 15 Jun 2023
399 posts
  •  
SimonF
We did this a few weeks before lockdown kicked in. It was in a snow storm and agree it's a tough climb up from Cronin's Yard

Jun 2023
2:02pm, 15 Jun 2023
5,792 posts
  •  
K5 Gus
Nice one Ally, not been to Ireland myself, one day !!

Jamie in real wild country today - just completed the 5 on the Gairich to Sgurr na Ciche ridge, and now dropped into Knoydart proper for the 3 in there, and she's then got a kayak planned from Barrisdale over to Arnisdale. That's some kayak - a guy used to run a wee motor boat service across that straight to get you into Knoydart which I used many years ago, remember it being quite a trip. I don't believe any of the previous round attempts have used that kayak crossing - nice to see her trying new things and not just following what the others did.

Gratuitous photo of where she was earlier, just below the summit of Sgurr na Ciche :-)
Jun 2023
2:38pm, 15 Jun 2023
15,142 posts
  •  
mrs shanksi
Great photos guys
Jun 2023
4:20pm, 22 Jun 2023
11,868 posts
  •  
_andy
Jamie Aarons update from Glen Torridon. Hug, chat & Hob nobs. Her lead support said that she is 38 hours up on Donnie's record (but we know that he did a 48 hour epic to complete his round) but with a foot issue that could cause issues. Wish I could have gone further up Beinn Eighe with her, but I was at work (yes, in Glen Torridon).

About This Thread

Maintained by K5 Gus
Somewhere to talk about and follow any Complete round attempts, Ramsay Rounds, to discuss and ask advice on day trips that you're planning, and anything else Munros related.

Jamie Aaron's tracker - completed in new record of 31d 10h 27m
geotracks.co.uk

About Jamie's challenge
jamiesmunrochallenge.run

Link to Donnie Campbell's tracker for his record breaking munro round - 31d 23h 2m
live.opentracking.co.uk

Ramsay Round ramsaysround.co.uk