The Munros - Complete Rounds, Ramsay Rounds, Day Trips

45 watchers
May 2023
10:29pm, 26 May 2023
5,762 posts
  •  
K5 Gus
Well, that was a very long first day for Jamie, 06:30 start, just finished at 22:22 - anyone else been doing any dot watching ?

Now parked up at the bottom of the Mamores, wonder what the plan is for tomorrow, "just" the Mamores plus cycle to Ballachullish, or up the Horseshoe as well ?
May 2023
9:11pm, 28 May 2023
14,210 posts
  •  
Homer
Crazy crazy
May 2023
9:27pm, 28 May 2023
5,765 posts
  •  
K5 Gus
Yep, looks like she's heading for another 10:30pm finish, for 3rd day in a row. Wonder how long she can keep that up with so little sleep ???

Tomorrow looks like it might be a planned bivvy ? After Aonach Eagach first thing, then onto Creise then not another road until after Ben Cruachan ( Black Mount, Starav 5, Dalmally 4 ) - definitely not all doable in a day. Maybe a bivvy in Glen Kinglas before the Dalmally 4
zp
May 2023
8:54am, 29 May 2023
668 posts
  •  
zp
From her schedule (https://jamiesmunrochallenge.run/track-jamie-live/) , it looks like she is attempting to do them all in a day?!

Bit of an easier day to follow though, just Beinn Bhuidhe and the Arrochar Alps.
May 2023
9:07am, 29 May 2023
5,766 posts
  •  
K5 Gus
Aah, thanks zp, I hadn't found that page, I'd only seen her overall track.

Blimey !!! It ended up being a 12:15am finish last night, shudder to think what time she'll finish tonight ( or more likely tomorrow morning )
May 2023
9:14am, 29 May 2023
5,767 posts
  •  
K5 Gus
Wow, just looked at the next few days, Satuday 3rd June makes me break into a sweat just reading it :

Vorlich, Stuc, Chonzie, kayak across Loch Tay, Tarmachan, Lawers 7, Glen Lyon 4, Schiehallion

at least the following day is just the Beinn a'Ghlo 3
zp
May 2023
9:21am, 29 May 2023
669 posts
  •  
zp
I don't think that schedule was there last time I looked, but it's definitely nice to have alongside the tracker - some massive days in there for sure. Fine weather forecast which will surely help provided it doesn't get too hot.
May 2023
11:48am, 29 May 2023
14,212 posts
  •  
Homer
I like the progress graph on that home page
zp
May 2023
8:16pm, 29 May 2023
670 posts
  •  
zp
Think you could be right with the bivvy in Glen Kinglass, Gus, going by current progress. Surely she'd be better getting some sleep and adding the Dalmally 4 onto tomorrow's list.
May 2023
8:44pm, 29 May 2023
5,770 posts
  •  
K5 Gus
Yeah, given the speed she's been going the last couple of days I didn't think there was any way she could do them all by say midnight.

Suppose it depends what gear she's carrying - if stopping would need spare clothes, etc.

Wonder how much external support she has, you can get into Glen Kinglas from Taynuilt by bike, so potentially someone could come in with gear......but maybe they don't have that option

About This Thread

Maintained by K5 Gus
Somewhere to talk about and follow any Complete round attempts, Ramsay Rounds, to discuss and ask advice on day trips that you're planning, and anything else Munros related.

Jamie Aaron's tracker - completed in new record of 31d 10h 27m
geotracks.co.uk

About Jamie's challenge
jamiesmunrochallenge.run

Link to Donnie Campbell's tracker for his record breaking munro round - 31d 23h 2m
live.opentracking.co.uk

Ramsay Round ramsaysround.co.uk