The Munros - Complete Rounds, Ramsay Rounds, Day Trips

2 lurkers | 45 watchers
May 2023
9:04am, 11 May 2023
5,747 posts
  •  
K5 Gus
Munro Round - Possible Record Attempt

Jamie Aarons (she's an American who has been living in Scotland since 2015) is setting off on 26th May (tbc) for an attempt at a self-propelled (walk/run/bike/kayak) Munro Round.

If all goes well, and with a bit of luck with weather/no injuries/etc, she's hoping to get close or even beat Donnie Campbell's 31d 23h 02m record, but is definitely hoping to smash the current female record of 76 days, as she only has 45 days off work !!

The main area she's seems to be looking to make up time on Donnie is that Donnie came back down and slept in his van every single night, whereas she's planning on saving some altitude loss/gain by bivvying up high on occasions. Final route not published yet, but sounds similar to Donnie's but some of the "loops" in reverse order.

Details here jamiesmunrochallenge.run with the ability to give your details if you can help with logistics or support runner/biker etc
May 2023
1:06pm, 11 May 2023
1,693 posts
  •  
Shortcut Cam
Outstanding preparation going on here. Good luck to her.
May 2023
3:34pm, 11 May 2023
9,642 posts
  •  
Northern Exile
Wow. I've been fascinated by this ever since I read A Postman's Round. Good luck to her.
May 2023
3:16pm, 12 May 2023
14,205 posts
  •  
Homer
Wow indeed
May 2023
9:15pm, 13 May 2023
11,865 posts
  •  
_andy
Having seen the detailed spreadsheet of what Jamie is doing, eit's certainly ambitious. Alas, I'm at work for the entire time that she's out there, so couldn't support. But I'll be around Glen Torridon when she plans to be, so will hope to cross paths with her if she's hitting her plan.

We used to run similar ultra times a few years ago, so I've shared many a mile on the trails with her - fingers crossed it all goes well. It'll be good dot watching for sure!
May 2023
9:53pm, 13 May 2023
46,650 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
I came here expecting someone to have posted about Jamie A's Munro record attempt cos it's all over my FB with lots of mutual ultra pals.. Not disappointed! Isn't it amazing?! :-) G
May 2023
9:31am, 20 May 2023
5,753 posts
  •  
K5 Gus
Jamie's route is now showing on the tracker ( link in sidebar ) although you can't see the size of the days, as planned overnight stops are not shown
May 2023
9:48am, 20 May 2023
5,755 posts
  •  
K5 Gus
Nice to see that's she's not just following Donnie's route - although there's lots that's the same, there's also quite a few changes, including a couple of extra kayaks and finishing on Ben Klibreck rather than the traditional Ben Hope finish
May 2023
4:17pm, 21 May 2023
11,866 posts
  •  
_andy
And it's a dot-watching spectacle these days with the Cape Wrath Trail having started today.

Gus, could you please add this to the sidebar too? It'll get us all warmed up before Jamie heads off! live.opentracking.co.uk
May 2023
4:33pm, 21 May 2023
5,758 posts
  •  
K5 Gus
Even though it doesn't actually go up any Munros, since you asked nicely then I've added it :-p

About This Thread

Maintained by K5 Gus
Somewhere to talk about and follow any Complete round attempts, Ramsay Rounds, to discuss and ask advice on day trips that you're planning, and anything else Munros related.

Jamie Aaron's tracker - completed in new record of 31d 10h 27m
geotracks.co.uk

About Jamie's challenge
jamiesmunrochallenge.run

Link to Donnie Campbell's tracker for his record breaking munro round - 31d 23h 2m
live.opentracking.co.uk

Ramsay Round ramsaysround.co.uk