Scottish Runners 2016

1 lurker | 64 watchers
Jan 2016
9:41pm, 5 Jan 2016
7,068 posts
  •  
LouLou
Having the Scottish senior national championships at the UK athletics marathon championship race in London offers a competitive race and a chance for those aiming for olympic selection to have a good shout at it.

Olympic trials - I'm sure Ethiopa used London for 2012?

As for vets championship - perhaps this could be a different race if vets feel that they can't get an entry to London.

At the end of the day, unless you are a marathon debutant as a senior if your the standard required to medal at a national championship I would envisage you would have entry standard for a championship start whereby entry is opened until early January.
Jan 2016
12:21pm, 6 Jan 2016
1,704 posts
  •  
MikeR.
You cant expct anyone to do too many marathons in one year. The elites are probably going to London anyway for UK qualifing for someting else, so it would be silly to make them run another race as well.
Jan 2016
9:29am, 7 Jan 2016
2,046 posts
  •  
baz p
HT - have you seen the video on the Edinburgh marathon festival site? is that you that makes an appearance around the middle?
Jan 2016
1:07am, 8 Jan 2016
2,420 posts
  •  
HappyTimes
Not seen it (yet) baz p it is another performance worthy of forgetting.
Jan 2016
1:10am, 8 Jan 2016
2,421 posts
  •  
HappyTimes
Ha ha aye thats the clown that is HT at around 1 minute into video. Do I get royalties? ;-)
Jan 2016
9:18am, 8 Jan 2016
2,047 posts
  •  
baz p
thought it was , might be worth asking them :D
Jan 2016
12:19pm, 8 Jan 2016
9,430 posts
  •  
Bazoaxe
you will have ticked a permission box along with your entry fee sadly :-(
Jan 2016
9:39pm, 8 Jan 2016
2,422 posts
  •  
HappyTimes
cant say I mind ticking many or any boxes, but yeh you are most certainly right Bazo.
Got my discount code from them today.
Jan 2016
3:14pm, 10 Jan 2016
1,588 posts
  •  
K5 Gus
Any Fife AC people on here, or anyone else heard anything about whether there's going to be a Cupar 5 race this year ?

Nothing about a 2016 race that I can see on the Fife AC website, and no mention in the runABC Scotland listings.

Normally around end of February, so still a few weeks, but thought they might at least have a date on their website by now.

Nice wee out and back run on quiet country roads, with decent food afterwards :-)
Jan 2016
7:00pm, 10 Jan 2016
11,176 posts
  •  
Dvorak
May I commend to you Livingston parkrun? Enjoyed the inaugural yesterday, which went very well. Currently two laps of a fairly testing woodland riverside course. Will be a lap of that and two smaller (flat!) laps once some pathworks are complete. But I'd quite like another crack at the current course before they move to the "proper" one.

Another dimension added by an overnight snowfall, which was light enough not to cause any real problems but enough to make things look most picturesque.

About This Thread

Maintained by K5 Gus
Somewhere to blether about all things to do with Scottish running and races.

There are 26 regular parkruns in Scotland which are held every Saturday at 9:30am.

Current locations are Aberdeen, Ayr, Camperdown, Drumchapel, Dunfermline, Edinburgh, Eglinton, Elgin, Ellon, Falkirk, Ganavan Sands, Greenock, Hazelhead, Inverness, Kirkcaldy, Linwood, Livingston, Perth, Pollock, Portobello, Springburn, St Andrews, Stonehaven, Strathclyde, Tollcross and Victoria.

parkrun.org.uk