Route Picture of the Day Appreciation Thread

1 lurker | 97 watchers
22 Aug
8:55am, 22 Aug 2024
17,903 posts
  •  
ITG ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ธ
November, you say, @chunkywizard ? I am also going to Singapore in November. It would be very cool to have a fetchy meet though unlikely our schedules align.
Tips welcome on what to do as I have most of a day off before my night flight home.
22 Aug
9:14am, 22 Aug 2024
43,113 posts
  •  
Mrs Jigs (Luverlylegs)
@ITG ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ธ , lucky you! :-)

It depends how much time you have and what sort of thing you like to do, we enjoyed the Treetop walk, you get fabulous views.
22 Aug
9:22am, 22 Aug 2024
17,905 posts
  •  
ITG ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ธ
I have an evening flight on a Saturday so have that day. I like to walk around looking at stuff. I prefer outsidy things but I am not averse to museums of history and culture (not so much art) especially if it is very hot outside.
um
22 Aug
9:41am, 22 Aug 2024
8,806 posts
  •  
um
There's a few Singaporophiles on here ITG.
I'd agree with Mrs J, the Treetop walk (assuming you mean the suspension bridge one and tour of MacRichie one is great, but very humid, hot and sweaty, Lots of monkeys.
Almost anywhere is good to walk, especially Boat/Clarke Quay, Merlion, Gardens by the Bay, Marina Barrage.
Plus Chinatown, Little India

I could go on ...
If you want something cooler, the Asian Civilisations Museum is a lot better than I expected when my boss dragged me round it. A very different history to any western museums.

Or Singapore Slings in Raffles, or any drink from the top of Stamford Hotel Bar. (although I was restricted to the bar, becasue I was wearing shorts, not allowed in the restaurant, much to my French manager's amusement)

But make sure you get late hotel check out and a chance to shower & change!
um
22 Aug
9:44am, 22 Aug 2024
8,807 posts
  •  
um
Oh, MRT (metro/underground) is very easy and safe to use, taxis also a common means of transport. You may need an app for them these days.
22 Aug
10:35am, 22 Aug 2024
17,906 posts
  •  
ITG ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ธ
Great tips, thanks! I have lounge access so can shower at the airport. I'll keep in mind to have a change of clothes handy.
22 Aug
11:15am, 22 Aug 2024
17,457 posts
  •  
chunkywizard
I really hope our timings align! Great ideas from um.
22 Aug
12:36pm, 22 Aug 2024
64,143 posts
  •  
alpenrose
I'll be there with my sister on our way back from Oz 2nd to 4th.
22 Aug
1:46pm, 22 Aug 2024
17,907 posts
  •  
ITG ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ธ
I am flying in (via Helsinki) arriving on the evening of 19th Nov. I am busy all day 20th and 21st but depart on 22nd at 2205. It would be magic if there are any fetchies about that day :)
22 Aug
1:50pm, 22 Aug 2024
20,492 posts
  •  
57.5 Degrees of Pain
Not to change the subject, but today's pic looks very dramatic and the route location very remote!

About This Thread

Maintained by _Suze_
A place to heap praise on the lucky person who photo is featured as Route Picture of the Day.

Here's a link to all the pictures, and an explanation of how you can add a picture to your route too:

fetcheveryone.com/routes-daily.php

Go on, have a look. Theyโ€™ll make you want to get your kit onโ€ฆ

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.