•  
Mandymoo
I want to explore todays photo
4 Apr
8:24am, 4 Apr 2024
2,580 posts
  •  
SailorSteve
It’s a relatively new wooden boardwalk that extends east from Parque das Nacoes. Easy on the legs. I ran it several times at sunrise before the Lisbon marathon last October. Some magical vistas.
4 Apr
11:16am, 4 Apr 2024
27,660 posts
  •  
Dvorak
Nice :-) Another Portuguese boardwalk pic (I had one a few days ago). I've been to the Parque des Nacãoes, but not ventured further. Couldn't work out a way to cross the bridge either. Final descent into Lisbon along the river was a treat.
4 Apr
11:27am, 4 Apr 2024
2,582 posts
  •  
SailorSteve
Vasco da Gama bridge Dvorak? I’ve only been over it in a car. For my runs from the marina in Parque das Nacoes I generally just stay by the river and run under the bridge and beyond.

There are often hoopoe on the green areas to the side of the promenade between the tall Sana Myriad hotel and the bridge, and spoonbill working the muddy shallows of the river around there. I regularly see flamingos at various points from the bridge all the way along to Santa Iria (where there’s a snack/coffee bar). If you’re going slow enough to spot them😁
4 Apr
12:14pm, 4 Apr 2024
19,358 posts
  •  
NDWDave
That can't be the Gatliff 50k.... it was only 50k long
4 Apr
12:38pm, 4 Apr 2024
2,583 posts
  •  
SailorSteve
I love it when this happens NDWDave If the Two Ronnies had done a running website sketch it would be like this😁
5 Apr
12:44am, 5 Apr 2024
27,671 posts
  •  
Dvorak
The Dawlish sea wall and a train :-) Squeee!

Yes, that one, SailorSteve it's quite a bridge.
5 Apr
6:13am, 5 Apr 2024
85,366 posts
  •  
Diogenes
Classic
5 Apr
6:37am, 5 Apr 2024
41,487 posts
  •  
Mrs Jigs (Luverlylegs)
Love today’s pic, well done SooWoo :-)
5 Apr
7:37am, 5 Apr 2024
39,920 posts
  •  
Ness
That's great! :)

About This Thread

Maintained by _Suze_
A place to heap praise on the lucky person who photo is featured as Route Picture of the Day.

Here's a link to all the pictures, and an explanation of how you can add a picture to your route too:

fetcheveryone.com/routes-daily.php

Go on, have a look. They’ll make you want to get your kit on…

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.