Mundane thread

10 lurkers | 156 watchers
3 Sep
7:36pm, 3 Sep 2024
12,597 posts
  •  
Mazlin
I have nothing for dinner because the shopping delivery isn’t here yet. It’s apparently ‘running 10 minutes late’ which means it’s simultaneously 25 minutes late and not due for at least 34 minutes.
3 Sep
7:59pm, 3 Sep 2024
9,045 posts
  •  
IdristheDragon
I have put a ready meal in the oven and will have it in 13 minutes according to my timer.

Am just about to finish my stint at work
3 Sep
8:00pm, 3 Sep 2024
9,046 posts
  •  
IdristheDragon
Am home alone apart from the cat yet again
3 Sep
8:59pm, 3 Sep 2024
24,122 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Been for a walk stopped at local for a drink. Went to sit down and a booming voice said you can’t sit there…. It was our old barman from happier times in the old local. We never come out on a Tuesday but it was such a lovely night and not many left this year so walked the long way round and glad we did.
3 Sep
9:12pm, 3 Sep 2024
64,252 posts
  •  
alpenrose
I didn't snooze earlier but I did mow the lawns.

I've just woken up. :)
3 Sep
9:25pm, 3 Sep 2024
40,652 posts
  •  
LazyDaisy
I renewed my Senior Railcard this morning. OH likes to have a physical card but I always go for the digital option. For some reason my photo on the app was just a stippled grey square and no matter how I tried to edit it, the photo stayed hidden.
I phoned the helpline expecting to waste a good part of the morning listening to muzak, but my call was answered after 3 rings, the menu options were just 1 or 2, and 2 was answered immediately by a very friendly chap who quickly called up my details, could see the problem, didn't know why it had happened but knew how to sort it out. I emailed him with the photo and he added it to my card. The whole thing took less than five minutes.

This really should be on the 'not entirely mundane' thread because it's so unusual to find a customer service working as you'd hope.
3 Sep
10:30pm, 3 Sep 2024
24,123 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
That’s such a pleasant change to norm happy days.

Got home to a charity bag collection for tomorrow so I’ve gone though my drawers and put a few things together. This on back of a bag to go to church for domestic abuse victims and for our little shop helping local strays so I need to get those bags delivered this week and I can see my sofa bed again! Need to let go of the stuff I no longer need.
3 Sep
10:50pm, 3 Sep 2024
67,795 posts
  •  
Derby Tup
On bed. Need to get in it
3 Sep
11:00pm, 3 Sep 2024
24,125 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
You can do it DT!
3 Sep
11:04pm, 3 Sep 2024
67,796 posts
  •  
Derby Tup
Going to brush teeth

About This Thread

Maintained by Johnny Blaze
I have replaced the batteries in the TV remote.

The old ones were flat, so it wasn't working.