Miaow, Purr, Yawn!

67 watchers
Jan 2015
9:29pm, 12 Jan 2015
16,931 posts
  •  
Steady Edina
Mia seems much happier with the move and comes and sits on me like the old days. Lucie too I a bit longer to adapt and took to seeing in the boxes so I had to fill the second litter tray. I have found as well that one gets used for poo and the other for wee. I have plans to catify my home
Jan 2015
9:38am, 13 Jan 2015
67,320 posts
  •  
Hanneke
Catify your home :)
Jan 2015
8:10am, 16 Jan 2015
3,334 posts
  •  
Winded
I posted this on the mundane thread, perhaps I should have mentioned it here instead.....

As is usual this morning I was making coffee and heard tap, tap, tap as Helga pushed the cat flat open an inch or so and let it fall back. She does this to draw my attention as she prefers to have the door opened for her.
Jan 2015
10:29am, 16 Jan 2015
67,345 posts
  •  
Hanneke
Hehehe

No catflap here so Lasya emits a piercing wayl when she wants to be let in. When I shout back: coming she confirms with a much softer: ok thanks miaow :) She has the human form of communication to a T, she also nooses a: I am back inside when the door is open in summer :)

In exchange I miaow at her and do the blinking with two eyes thing :)
Jan 2015
10:30am, 16 Jan 2015
67,346 posts
  •  
Hanneke
Nooses? Miaows...
Jan 2015
7:48am, 18 Jan 2015
1,582 posts
  •  
Minnie Mad
We have no Cat flap so Stripey miaows outside to come in. The other night there was a massive bang on the door when I opened it next door's cat ran in! blackcat
Jan 2015
9:12am, 18 Jan 2015
3,062 posts
  •  
SusiesueH
Cheeky! We've had our neighbours cat wander in through the cat flap twice in the past few days too. Psipsina is a bit of a softy and just cowers in a corner rather than seeing it off. I seem to remember a Fetchie mention a catflap that is programmable to recognise your cats microchip so that others can't access it. Can anyone remember the brand?
Jan 2015
9:23am, 18 Jan 2015
3,063 posts
  •  
SusiesueH
And the worst part is that the neighbours cat is almost identical to ours with the exception of a tiny patch of white fur on his throat so it sometimes takes me a while to realise that it's not my cat!
Jan 2015
9:38am, 18 Jan 2015
3,350 posts
  •  
Winded
We have a sureflap brand chip reading cat flap. It works well, easy to set up too, I'd advise setting it to read the IDchip before fitting to your house, that way you don't have to push the cat's head into it on cue. ( you don't enter the chip ID number, you put it I to find mode and it reads it from the cat)
Jan 2015
9:49am, 18 Jan 2015
3,064 posts
  •  
SusiesueH
Sureflap - that was it thanks winded. Top tip about programming it!

About This Thread

Maintained by
A thread for those owned by cats, as we cannot possibly go onto the Bark and whine thread, its for d...