Miaow, Purr, Yawn!

1 lurker | 67 watchers
Oct 2014
4:54pm, 27 Oct 2014
750 posts
  •  
RunnyBunny
Barney yowls - usually if he's outside and wants to be let in, and it sounds like he's in agony, but as soon as you open the door he switches to a cute little mew. Sometimes he'll sit in the middle of the hall or landing and do the same horrible yowl, until he spots you (cute little mew again), as if he wants attention but can't find you. I think it's just a combination of being deaf and elderly, as Tippy (parents' cat) used to be the same in her old age, and maybe being a bit disorientated.
Nov 2014
5:42am, 2 Nov 2014
16,924 posts
  •  
Steady Edina
Lucie will yowl usually at night when she wants to go out but I have kept her in or if she spots something on the wall or ceilings. She is generally a very noisy cat always meowing and purring
Nov 2014
4:50pm, 2 Nov 2014
66,898 posts
  •  
Hanneke
If you talk to your cat a lot, they will talk back :) Lasya is very vocal :)
Nov 2014
6:55pm, 2 Nov 2014
16,927 posts
  •  
Steady Edina
Mia only meows to go out she usually chirrups at me or is completely silent. We are moving in the next couple of weeks and we shall have our own front door and a little more room. I am hoping things may improve
Nov 2014
9:34pm, 8 Nov 2014
1,524 posts
  •  
Minnie Mad
When I first got a cat flap for Stripey he refused to push it open or use it properly and I ended up tying it open with a piece of string. One night in February with snow on the ground and a howling gail roaring in through the open 'ole, as Stripey slept peacefully upstairs on the bed by the radiator, I had had enough! I lost my rag with him, shut the cat flap and chucked him out of the front door. Less than 2 minutes later he was back around the side of the house and straight in through the cat flap at the back. Cat flap training was successful!
Nov 2014
9:01pm, 9 Nov 2014
66,934 posts
  •  
Hanneke
Hahaha, excellent Minnie :)
Nov 2014
9:32am, 10 Nov 2014
3,678 posts
  •  
sallykate
Our two are using it with no problem at all now. Though I do sometimes here lots of clicking in the early hours - as if one of them is going in and out a lot, or just keeping his head too near to the flap & confusing the chip reader.

Someone peed in my daughter's room yesterday, on her school bag. Blighter!
Nov 2014
9:33pm, 13 Nov 2014
2,911 posts
  •  
SusiesueH
Psipsy cat has come home with a limp 😞 She spends most evenings out and about and pops home occasionally to say hi but she came home very early tonight. I thought it was odd but I let her in and locked up. It's only now after about 20 mins that I've spotted that she's not putting any weight on her front leg. She'll let me touch it and she can put a bit of weight on it if she needs to so I'm guessing no broken bones. I can't see blood or anything stuck in her paws and her claws are intact. She seems ok in herself but I suspect a trip to the v.e.t is in order 😞
Nov 2014
9:35pm, 13 Nov 2014
2,912 posts
  •  
SusiesueH
Oh and it had to happen when Mr H is out for a meal! It'll be all my fault I bet ;)
Nov 2014
10:38pm, 13 Nov 2014
2,715 posts
  •  
Winded
Helga has been training us to open the large cat flap at the front of the house for her. We were complaining but then realised we had locked the actual cat door to stop her going out when some neighbours had firework here a couple of weeks ago and had forgotten to open it again. I thought her litter tray was used more than usual . (The cat flap was set so she could come in but not get out).

Not our finest hour of pet ownership but no harm seems to have been done except that her preference for having door people has been reinforced. The cat flap is set into a glass door and if we are standing in the kitchen she bangs it with her head and sits back staring until we open the back door for her. By preference back door to come in and front door to go out; there are two of them so I guess it makes perfect sense if you are a cat.

About This Thread

Maintained by
A thread for those owned by cats, as we cannot possibly go onto the Bark and whine thread, its for d...