Miaow, Purr, Yawn!

1 lurker | 67 watchers
Aug 2014
11:21am, 29 Aug 2014
66,681 posts
  •  
Hanneke
Oh fab news Jubear :) and well done you for coming to the rescue with that fortuitous passer by with cat carrier :)
Aug 2014
4:10pm, 30 Aug 2014
734 posts
  •  
RunnyBunny
Ooh - must update address for my cats' microchips - that's a reminder. Must be a big relief for Blue's owner.
Oct 2014
5:39pm, 3 Oct 2014
1,507 posts
  •  
Minnie Mad
I think Stripey is playing away again. He is out most of the time and pops in once a day to eat then he's off. He was also in a fight last night lots of caterwauling then he ran in then out more fighting then silence. He has been smug while he ate breakfast then gone again! I wonder where he goes!!!!!
Oct 2014
12:45am, 4 Oct 2014
66,803 posts
  •  
Hanneke
To have a second breakfast elsewhere is my bet...
Oct 2014
12:45am, 4 Oct 2014
66,804 posts
  •  
Hanneke
To have a second breakfast elsewhere is my bet.
Oct 2014
8:13am, 4 Oct 2014
4,834 posts
  •  
Garfield
We have cats doing the rounds of our garden daily...one time one of them came in the house when hubby left the patio door open. I don't know who was more surprised to see the other!
Oct 2014
9:13pm, 8 Oct 2014
1,508 posts
  •  
Minnie Mad
Plus the GM announced to her Dad when he got home "Would you like to play hunt the Gimp?" He was in a card board box under the stairs! Life at MacCottage just gets weirder!
Oct 2014
3:14pm, 27 Oct 2014
9,245 posts
  •  
Liliaicha
My elderly (16) female cat is howling horribly at night. It sounds like a combination of crying, yelling and shouting all at the same time.

It's waking us both and then keeping us awake at night, it's awful! She's not allowed to sleep in the bedroom at night, so sits at the bottom of the stairs and yowls rather than come up. I have started letting here in the bedroom at about 5am when the early morning howling starts, but then she jumps off and on the bed every half hour waking us up, until she finally settles at about 8am when she then sleeps totally silently and still for hours!

Any advice? Suggestions?

My OH has already suggested gaffer tape or the shed - not helpful!
Oct 2014
3:31pm, 27 Oct 2014
3,660 posts
  •  
sallykate
Have you taken her to the vet? One of mine used to yowl at night a lot and it turned out that he needed most of his teeth out - he was just uncomfortable and complaining! He still does yowl very occasionally but nothing like the way he used to before his gnashers were seen to.
Oct 2014
3:34pm, 27 Oct 2014
3,661 posts
  •  
sallykate
We're fitting a catflap today, I hope. Possibly tomorrow. I bought it last week and "trained" it to recognise the cats' chips. Next step will be getting the cats to use it. I think I'll start with not letting them out of the door but holding the flap up so they get used to the idea of going through the hole to get out and take it from there.

One will probably use it with no problem and one will be more reluctant - that's my prediction anyway.

This made me laugh when I was looking up best ways to get them to use it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQzMrabLuRU

About This Thread

Maintained by
A thread for those owned by cats, as we cannot possibly go onto the Bark and whine thread, its for d...