Miaow, Purr, Yawn!

67 watchers
Feb 2014
1:07pm, 28 Feb 2014
46 posts
  •  
pink fairy
If you want to see a cat pull a comedy expression, I recommend getting them to sniff a bit of lime. Harry always has to sniff everything twice, and with lime he pulls a hilarious face that shows off all his teeth. I know I shouldn't offer it to him to sniff, but it is too funny.

Hope you work out what it is Hanneke- we have to find some new worming tablets as the old ones made Harry throw up the last 3 times (like you we were slow to make the connection)
Feb 2014
1:50pm, 28 Feb 2014
65,688 posts
  •  
Hanneke
At least this is a treat, so I can just give the remaining treats in the packet to someone else's cat... They are yoghurty treats, now if they are called that because there is some dairy in it, that would be the clue... Without looking at the packet (at home) I won't know... Cats can't digest dairy!
Feb 2014
4:54pm, 28 Feb 2014
16,836 posts
  •  
Steady Edina
Cats are very lactose intolerant so it depends on what sort of yogurt they have used. Lucie has been a bit more adventurous on the going out front she has now learnt to hide under the bush outside my bedroom window
Feb 2014
6:52pm, 28 Feb 2014
65,699 posts
  •  
Hanneke
Lasya sits on the treshold when I leave the front door open, but hides behind the door when a car comes by... She hasn't actually made it out further than the doormat yet, on her own initiative!
Feb 2014
10:30pm, 28 Feb 2014
3,839 posts
  •  
CC2 Speedy Goth
I didn't know cats are lactose intolerant. Why do they always try to steal the milk out of cereal bowls?

Eloise has now been diagnosed with hypertension to add to her list of other complaints. Yet more pills to shove down her neck every day.
Feb 2014
10:39pm, 28 Feb 2014
29,075 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
Some cats aren't lactose intolerant, but most are. Our old boycats both appear to be OK with milk.
Feb 2014
10:43pm, 28 Feb 2014
4,162 posts
  •  
heebiejeebie
Ours are all interested in milk and cream because we have it and they don't, but won't drink it.

Baked beans are another matter.
Feb 2014
10:47pm, 28 Feb 2014
29,076 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
Tizzifer has been walloping into a carton of half-fat creme fraiche that I've declared unfit for human consumption because it's been at room temperature while the fridge was out of action. I hope he hasn't become lactose intolerant in his old age :-O
Feb 2014
11:15pm, 28 Feb 2014
8,381 posts
  •  
Dvorak
My cat likes milk and yoghurt (plain) sometimes, is fond of butter and adores cheese. In fact the last three incumbents have all been fond of cheese.

She isn't well though, age related stuff. Every day is a bonus. She had to have a lot of fluid drained from around her lungs (we should have had her in earlier, but, you know ...) and the vet was surprised she lasted the day. That was five weeks ago, mind.

She is resting on my bed a lot of the time - but she has just wandered through, tail up :-) Time for her meds - we hide them in some cheese spread.
Mar 2014
1:59am, 1 Mar 2014
16,837 posts
  •  
Steady Edina
Lucie loves milk but it gives her the squits

About This Thread

Maintained by
A thread for those owned by cats, as we cannot possibly go onto the Bark and whine thread, its for d...