JUST SAY NO

6 watchers
8 Sep
8:07am, 8 Sep 2024
3,896 posts
  •  
Shades
I hate bagpipes. At the start of Loch Ness marathon I physically have to put my hands over my ears, I find it unbearable.

I am of Scottish descent
8 Sep
8:08am, 8 Sep 2024
3,459 posts
  •  
Muttley
I used to do an event called the Midsummer Munro, which despite its name was held at Box Hill in Surrey. The organizer would station a (bag)piper at the top of one particularly gruelling climb. I can only assume that this was to spur us on to run further and faster away from the thing.

Cage the haggises but let the pasties run free.
8 Sep
8:11am, 8 Sep 2024
15,796 posts
  •  
Ultracat
Don’t mind bagpipes as long as they are not playing in an enclosed space.
8 Sep
8:20am, 8 Sep 2024
3,897 posts
  •  
Shades
I never really enjoyed Beachy Head marathon and once up the first hill there was always a bloody piper, which immediately put me in a bad mood. That was in Eastbourne, IMHO pipers should not be allowed to leave Scotland.
8 Sep
8:23am, 8 Sep 2024
3,460 posts
  •  
Muttley
I must admit that I do like to eat haggises. Don't often see them, farmed or free range, here in Cornwall though.
8 Sep
8:34am, 8 Sep 2024
3,461 posts
  •  
Muttley
Incidentally, if you go to YouTube to watch it, read the comments -- many of them are funnier than the video!
8 Sep
11:08am, 8 Sep 2024
77,474 posts
  •  
Lip Gloss
Bagpipes are bad enough but bagpipes played badly are even worse
8 Sep
11:45am, 8 Sep 2024
4,536 posts
  •  
NordRunner
As the Germans say when you don't know what you're gettin, when you buy bagpipes you are buying a cat in a sack.
8 Sep
12:23pm, 8 Sep 2024
2,746 posts
  •  
Hibeedeb
I love the pipes, and don’t mind haggis occasionally.

I am teaching myself to play the chanter as one of my ‘something to do in retirement’ things. I don’t imagine I’ll get as far as actual bagpipes, but you never know. Mr H is not terribly impressed
9 Sep
9:40am, 9 Sep 2024
50,861 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Bagpipes are wonderful. Let the haggi run free....! (Is that more what you were hoping for Raemondo @Raemondo ?! ) :-) G

About This Thread

Maintained by Raemondo
To farmed haggis.

https://youtu.be/ey794pYaYCU?si=O3oGhodLJXdRG6GM