Inane Local Facebook Watch - Have You Got Inane Local Facebook?

1 lurker | 92 watchers
10 Jun
10:38am, 10 Jun 2024
32,420 posts
  •  
Maclennane

"From another page" soooooo.... someone somewhere has found a small bag of what might possibly be cocaine
11 Jun
1:04pm, 11 Jun 2024
920 posts
  •  
Albert O Balsam
....a little like what I experienced a year or two ago has occurred again on my local Facebook page. At that point I was a member of a trail running group on FB where the answer to every question seemed to be "Have you tried Harrier?" (Indeed my favourite question which received that same answer actively started with "Without mentioning Harrier, can anyone advise on some poles........"

Around my way is a ladies only gym with some very keen members. So any enquiry as to general classes, pilates or yoga will be met by "Come along to **@@@FitClub ! " or "**@@@FitClub is great, contact them and I'm sure they can help"

However, last week a gentleman asked if there were any local gyms where he could keep up his power lifting, boxing and MMA training. Yup, he also got one of that response as well !
11 Jun
10:05pm, 11 Jun 2024
7,469 posts
  •  
Winniefree
I've got a duck and baby ducks hiding under a bush in my garden.. any ideas?

[Answers included a l’orange and hoisin sauce]
13 Jun
10:42am, 13 Jun 2024
3,146 posts
  •  
RunningRonnie
Not "Local" but had to laugh.

BBC Facebook article: Taylor Swift fans made the earth move by cheering and dancing at her Edinburgh concerts
Comment: Talk about fat shaming, the crowd might have slow metabolisms.
13 Jun
1:20pm, 13 Jun 2024
5,855 posts
  •  
FreshStart
Humming noise 330am from Sutton Park last night any takers please?
17 Jun
7:56am, 17 Jun 2024
5,868 posts
  •  
FreshStart
Message from a resident:
Hi, could you please post a request to whoever in the vicinity of Four Oaks Common Road/Grounds Road is leaving raw chicken carcasses out, presumably to feed foxes, to stop doing it. I'm regularly finding raw chicken bones in my garden and apart from encouraging rats, supplementary feeding is not generally considered good for the foxes either. If you must do it, maybe a small amount of dry dog or cat food.....
Thanks.
18 Jun
11:11am, 18 Jun 2024
5,870 posts
  •  
FreshStart
Sad that someone has felt the need to break a bottle over Dame Agatha 😞 or may be they left a bottle and it just happened!
20 Jun
4:43pm, 20 Jun 2024
8,976 posts
  •  
Pothunter
Does anybody know of any boxing classes or something similar for a 3 year old?

You need a crèche not boxing classes
21 Jun
4:59pm, 21 Jun 2024
5,876 posts
  •  
FreshStart
To the elderly chap in the kia sportage (number play RN21) who gave me a load of abuse for not overtaking a cyclist on the bridge - look at the road signs! Beeping the horn and actually mounting the pavement to try and overtake me was one of the most stupid and dangerous things I've ever seen! Slow down and stop being a nob - it will save lives, and probably lower your blood pressure too!
21 Jun
5:19pm, 21 Jun 2024
17,197 posts
  •  
Badger
[Apart from "number play" and the pretty low probability of the driver in question seeing that, not sure I entirely disagree. I might be the next ILF :-/ ]

About This Thread

Maintained by Maclennane
I live in a low rise flat at the top, and every day I seem to get thousands of migets. Is there any way I can avoid this please.?? It's mainly in the evening.