Friday 4th October 2024The Daily Thread Once there was a way To get back homeward

4 watchers
4 Oct
4:59pm, 4 Oct 2024
91 posts
  •  
ElspethF
RooA, tough indeed!
4 Oct
7:42pm, 4 Oct 2024
377 posts
  •  
HazelnutCH
Evening

Jealous of the ultra talk.. I will try ( next year?) at the moment 17m feels like quite a long way..

Good luck for any racers / parkrunners at the weekend

What: not much today, bit of driving and met up with OH family (aunt and uncle) which was nice
Why: long weekend out and about

Lyrics: no
4 Oct
8:52pm, 4 Oct 2024
324 posts
  •  
tinebeest
Good evening! No ultra for me, but nice to see so many of you plotting and training - you're inspiring company to keep!

What: 10K race tempo, and my third fastest ever recorded on Fetch šŸ†
Why: Needed to do some tempo, this fitted with the schedule, and I still wanted to do one after the short race from 2 weeks ago
Last hard: Hmmm - I think the intervals on Wed. felt like harder work
Last rest: yesterday

I think training is going well šŸ˜Š
5 Oct
12:15am, 5 Oct 2024
3,915 posts
  •  
riggys99
Evening

Lyrics - no

What -Kenyan Hills type session with 4 x up and down a hill section with no recovery after the 4th run I recovered to HR then repeated the up/down hill bit. Felt like a good session with a bit of a lactic burn towards the end of repeats. A few drill and strides on way home
Why- strength work and injury prevention

Last hard - Sunday
Last rest Saturday
5 Oct
8:17am, 5 Oct 2024
92 posts
  •  
ElspethF
Hazel, come and do a nice Scottish ultra next year!

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by alehouse
Each day someone sets some song lyrics, often on a particular theme, eg colours, numbers, running, etc. Others then say whether they know the song or not, but DO NOT say what the song is: the answer is revealed the next day.

Current theme: COLOURS

Contributors then say
What their training will be
Why they are doing it

Some also say
Last hard
Last rest

Plus of course general comments about the weather, other peopleā€™s training or racesā€¦illness or injuries!

Feel free to join us and why not set some lyrics once you get the hang of the thread?

X

Free training & racing tools for runners, cyclists, swimmers & walkers.

Fetcheveryone lets you analyse your training, find races, plot routes, chat in our forum, get advice, play games - and more! Nothing is behind a paywall, and it'll stay that way thanks to our awesome community!
Get Started
Click here to join 113,239 Fetchies!
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here