Friday 26th July 2024 The Daily Thread Talkin' to myself and feelin' old

5 watchers
26 Jul
1:55pm, 26 Jul 2024
70,112 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
Update: I've just realised what today's lyrics are! Came to me out of nowhere. And now I've got an earworm that I wouldn't have chosen.

And also, I've run for 95 minutes and decided it's too windy for cycling to be much fun. Will go to a garden centre like an old person instead.
26 Jul
4:14pm, 26 Jul 2024
152 posts
  •  
alehouse
Update: just back from aqua jog. Just over 25 minutes including J x 30 seconds harder off 30 seconds, where J is the number of reps, i.e. 10. Years ago a swimmer told me that he could never remember how many lengths he had done, so used letters instead. He also played a game to relieve boredom, pass the time, etc: so today I did boys' names A to J. Sometimes it is girls', or the names of countries or flowers! Apologies if you already knew this! Definitely works for me!

Re the lyrics, can't say that I am a fan of the song.

And talking of lyrics, we will soon have had enough of the weather! Suggested topics welcome! A few thoughts: boys' names, girls' names, place names, colours, occupations, numbers, time (seasons, months etc)food and drink, and so on.
26 Jul
5:36pm, 26 Jul 2024
46,066 posts
  •  
Night-owl
Evening

Survived 4 night shifts last night was frustrating as it was stock take

Been doing minimal runs between the nights and did them in the morning before sleep. So I didn't have to when I got up.

Today I slept first

What 2.3 miles run walk
Why parkrun tomorrow hopefully

Last hard this week
Lyrics familiar

Last rest 118 days ago remember those guys
26 Jul
7:20pm, 26 Jul 2024
10,446 posts
  •  
PeterFay
Walk, Aquawalk and sea swim
Relative rest day
Lyrics no
26 Jul
9:37pm, 26 Jul 2024
153 posts
  •  
alehouse
That doesn't sound like a rest, @PeterFay !
26 Jul
10:28pm, 26 Jul 2024
3,607 posts
  •  
riggys99
Evening

Lyrics - no
What - 10k ish with hill sprints, running drills and strides. Next to where I do the drills is a semi circle of stone blocks for kids to play on so decided to do some jump on and straight off them (the blocks not kids)
Why - strength work, injury prevention and a bit off fun
Last hard - Saturday

Last rest - Sunday

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by alehouse
The Daily Thread

Each day someone sets some song lyrics, often on a particular theme, eg colours, numbers, running, etc. Others then say whether they know the song or not, but DO NOT say what the song is: the answer is revealed the next day.

Current theme: THE WEATHER

Contributors then say
What their training will be
Why they are doing it

Some also say
Last hard
Last rest

Plus of course general comments about the weather, other people’s training or races…or injuries!

Feel free to join us and why not set some lyrics once you get the hang of the thread?

X

Free training & racing tools for runners, cyclists, swimmers & walkers.

Fetcheveryone lets you analyse your training, find races, plot routes, chat in our forum, get advice, play games - and more! Nothing is behind a paywall, and it'll stay that way thanks to our awesome community!
Get Started
Click here to join 113,091 Fetchies!
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here